Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

excessbee wrote:I can't understand why someone 'behind the board' would post rumours on Facebook.
Firstly I don't know any of the facts and make no comment as to whether the details above are based on fact or not.

However if it is correct, and I stress if, and to answer your question. When a group or individual wish to communicate information, the truth of the information being irrelevant, but wish also to have plausible deniability, that information is leaked. Doing it this way also means that you don't have to answer questions you don't want to. Such as how much do you have in the bank? How did you calculate £750,000?

Now I don't know who this ex director is. I don't know what his relationship is with the board. If I did I'd have a better idea, not as to the truth of the statement, but as to whether the statement originates from the board of directors at Newport County.

One thing about the Paddy Power deal is that ahead of last season it was presented as a job lot - us, Macclesfield, was it Motherwell? So any renewal looks like it would always have been problematic and all the more so if Macclesfield have turned into a basket case when the theme is plucky underdogs punching above their weight.

Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:From County Chat on FB, I’m just going to bullet point-

*We’ve got a substantial amount of money in the bank

*However, we’re expecting to lose around £750k in the next 5 months.

*Paddy Power verbally agreed to extend sponsorship deal but pulled out in May.

*What the club are doing now regarding the fans pledging money for sponsorship, as well as other shirt deals, will bring in more money than last year.

If (and given the person that posted it I have absolutely no reason to not believe him) all this is true, why the **** could it not have been brought to our attention by the Board in a statement !!??
I have absolutely no doubt that this approach would have gone down a lot better with fans and we wouldn’t be limping along with only 300 pledges.
I think that this is just idle gossip and, personally, I don't believe any of the points made.

Well, this has come from an ex director who’s actually behind the Board on what they’re doing so I would certainly listen to him over you.
I read that post on FB and the ex-director you have quoted hasn't said all that.
Yes he did, I also read it on there wether it is still on there or been edited I don't know! Was put on there by RS

Trigger wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:From County Chat on FB, I’m just going to bullet point-

*We’ve got a substantial amount of money in the bank

*However, we’re expecting to lose around £750k in the next 5 months.

*Paddy Power verbally agreed to extend sponsorship deal but pulled out in May.

*What the club are doing now regarding the fans pledging money for sponsorship, as well as other shirt deals, will bring in more money than last year.

If (and given the person that posted it I have absolutely no reason to not believe him) all this is true, why the **** could it not have been brought to our attention by the Board in a statement !!??
I have absolutely no doubt that this approach would have gone down a lot better with fans and we wouldn’t be limping along with only 300 pledges.
I think that this is just idle gossip and, personally, I don't believe any of the points made.

Well, this has come from an ex director who’s actually behind the Board on what they’re doing so I would certainly listen to him over you.
I read that post on FB and the ex-director you have quoted hasn't said all that.
Yes he did, I also read it on there wether it is still on there or been edited I don't know! Was put on there by RS

It’s still there.

Willthiswork wrote:On another thread he states:

we had a healthy bank account a few months ago

us and other clubs are going to lose £700k in the next 5 months

I'd be surprised that if PP agreed(?) a new deal and then pulled out. If verbal agreement was given then the club should pursue it as it may count as a 'contract'.
A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it wasn’t written on.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:On another thread he states:

we had a healthy bank account a few months ago

us and other clubs are going to lose £700k in the next 5 months

I'd be surprised that if PP agreed(?) a new deal and then pulled out. If verbal agreement was given then the club should pursue it as it may count as a 'contract'.
A verbal agreement is not worth the paper it wasn’t written on.
You are both right.

A verbal agreement can constitute a contract. All a contract is in effect is an agreement to exchange to which the parties agree to be legally bound.

But proving it...............

Interesting Train of thought

4 home games a month behind closed doors for 4 months 3500 fans @£12.00 a head = £42000 x 4= £168000
We don't pay stewards but we also can't sell Advertising ,tables ,cooperate boxes ,Programme Advertising EtC
So the projected loss figure sounds about right.

PC on his PC wrote:Interesting Train of thought

4 home games a month behind closed doors for 4 months 3500 fans @£12.00 a head = £42000 x 4= £168000
We don't pay stewards but we also can't sell Advertising ,tables ,cooperate boxes ,Programme Advertising EtC
So the projected loss figure sounds about right.
However the biggest cost by far of a professional football club is player wages. 80% of which are being covered by the furlough scheme.

Sorry but these figures are absolute tripe.

George Street-Bridge wrote:When does the furlough start running down and when will it end?
That to the best of my knowledge, has yet to be announced. Which again, if I am not in error, must make the figures a 'terminological inexactitude'.

More worryingly is that one of the reasons cited on this board for County struggling is that our attendance's are lower than average for League 2. Well we are now on a level playing field, are we not. And we should also be aware that according to the powers that be our players budget is lower than most, if not all, teams in League 2.

So unless, to use your phrase, somebody at Newport County has been lying through their teeth, County should be in a better position than most of our rivals.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: So unless, to use your phrase, somebody at Newport County has been lying through their teeth, County should be in a better position than most of our rivals.
Of course, I have never accused anyone at the club of lying through their teeth. I have certainly said something must be true unless someone is doing that, but that's a different thing altogether.

Stan A. Einstein wrote: However the biggest cost by far of a professional football club is player wages. 80% of which are being covered by the furlough scheme.
Sorry but these figures are absolute tripe.
That's not right. Furlough is capped at £2.5k a month, anything beyond that & we're paying full whack. Average L2 player is on £1.3-£1.5k a week, according to last year's survey. So we'll be paying more than 20% of wages to top up to the full 100%. Pretty sure EFL rules say you can't pay players less than their contracted salary other than via agreement.