Re: Players To Sign

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:We won't be signing anyone because we are broke. In the last week I've had 2 different sources tell me we are on the brink of liquidation.
It may or may not be true but they are 2 seperate sources with no connection to each other.
Perhaps the board could raise a few quid by having a sponsored silence.
Paragraphs 1 & 2 Totally nuts"

Paragraph 3 A nice bit of Satire
I don't know Frank I laughed when I heard it first got a bit worried when I heard it the second time.
Of course a statement from the North Koreans of fan owned football clubs could put everyone at ease

In a open meeting after the spurs games .Mf and AT then CEO made a statement on tv that the club would be financially secure for at least the nx 2 seasons .SJ also related this in a open meeting at the end of that season. Since then we have played Leicester Middlesbrough twice west ham and man city all tv games and big crowds. Making over 1 .7 million this is without the play off final and money from that EFL cup. So to say we are skint is laughable. Like stan mentioned GF stated we are in a better position financially than most league 2 clubs and lot of league 1 clubs .

owlsabout wrote:In a open meeting after the spurs games .Mf and AT then CEO made a statement on tv that the club would be financially secure for at least the nx 2 seasons .SJ also related this in a open meeting at the end of that season. Since then we have played Leicester Middlesbrough twice west ham and man city all tv games and big crowds. Making over 1 .7 million this is without the play off final and money from that EFL cup. So to say we are skint is laughable. Like stan mentioned GF stated we are in a better position financially than most league 2 clubs and lot of league 1 clubs .

Yet the first board statement we had since the end of the season was asking fans not to ask for a refund on season tkts. Then the next was to cough up for the shirt sponsorship.
Don't forget Jerry Sherman told us he had millions and was building us a superdome looked what happened there.

amberbhoy wrote:
owlsabout wrote:In a open meeting after the spurs games .Mf and AT then CEO made a statement on tv that the club would be financially secure for at least the nx 2 seasons .SJ also related this in a open meeting at the end of that season. Since then we have played Leicester Middlesbrough twice west ham and man city all tv games and big crowds. Making over 1 .7 million this is without the play off final and money from that EFL cup. So to say we are skint is laughable. Like stan mentioned GF stated we are in a better position financially than most league 2 clubs and lot of league 1 clubs .

Yet the first board statement we had since the end of the season was asking fans not to ask for a refund on season tkts. Then the next was to cough up for the shirt sponsorship.
Don't forget Jerry Sherman told us he had millions and was building us a superdome looked what happened there.
Not exactly,fans were told that as there were up to nine free games in some ST packages,as there were only four games left,we just miss out on those free games.If some fans wanted refunds on individual match tickets,then a refund was available.The Gus headlined with Board plead with fans not to have refunds,this was to sell newspapers and not actually correct.

owlsabout wrote:.the difference between the jerry Sherman days and now.is we have had the millions plus over a 3 year period. So there wd be some serious questions and some serious explaining by the board if we are skint ...
It is a bit like Exeter City taking £42k off their supporters despite earning £7.5m over 5 years.

Percy plunkett wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:

Not exactly,fans were told that as there were up to nine free games in some ST packages,as there were only four games left,we just miss out on those free games.If some fans wanted refunds on individual match tickets,then a refund was available.The Gus headlined with Board plead with fans not to have refunds,this was to sell newspapers and not actually correct.

They pretty much did though. They hoped ‘no one would feel the need to ask for a refund’ and then mentioned the refund.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... ate-10-06/

Alan G Bryant wrote:
owlsabout wrote:.the difference between the jerry Sherman days and now.is we have had the millions plus over a 3 year period. So there wd be some serious questions and some serious explaining by the board if we are skint ...
It is a bit like Exeter City taking £42k off their supporters despite earning £7.5m over 5 years.
Any news on who the hysterical minority are yet?

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:

They pretty much did though. They hoped ‘no one would feel the need to ask for a refund’ and then mentioned the refund.

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... ate-10-06/
To be fair if you google most clubs from Crewe to Cheltenham to Motherwell to Wimbledon you will see similar reports in the press of the club hoping that refunds would not be requested by supporters.

owlsabout wrote:Alan dont exter own there football ground and just invested in a new stand
I am pretty certain the council own St James Park. Exeter City seem to be a lot more transparent than us so it would be good to find out how much Exeter City Trust put in to the redevelopment of the new stand out of that £7.5m.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
No it's not. Unless I have misunderstood Owl, what he has said is, and I agree with him, is that Newport County over the last three years have had millions of pounds sterling come into the club which would not have been budgeted for. If that money has been blown, note the use of the conjunction introducing a conditional clause, if that money has been blown, those with charge of our club will have some explaining to do.

Percy plunkett wrote:I missed out on four free games on my ST,therefore I am entitled to claim back £0.00.I will contact the club to make sure I get it.

It’s not four ‘free’ games you arse. The price of a ST is for 23 games. You only had 19. Doesn’t matter if it’s a saving on paying game by game.
I don’t want my money back, but find it ridiculous that you come out with a stupid little smart arse comment like that.