Re: Ben White

Whether it is with Brighton (superior GD to the other teams) or Leeds, he will be in the Premiership next season. Bloody well done to the lad, he is some player. Fantastic for us. Far, far too good for L2. Our gain though.

Bit too early for me to say that he will play for England though.

I have mentioned this before, I am certainly not an expert but a few years ago I was in the Hazel and got talking to some scouts on the tables at the back of the stand. Asked them what they were doing, one of them told me he was looking for Utd and that he wanted to watch Ben. I asked him what traits he looked for and he said, first touch and pace over the first five/ten yards. He didn’t seem impressed. This was during the first half. I saw him leave just after the second half started.

pembsexile wrote:Whether it is with Brighton (superior GD to the other teams) or Leeds, he will be in the Premiership next season. Bloody well done to the lad, he is some player. Fantastic for us. Far, far too good for L2. Our gain though.

I have mentioned this before, I am certainly not an expert but a few years ago I was in the Hazel and got talking to some scouts on the tables at the back of the stand. Asked them what they were doing, one of them told me he was looking for Utd and that he wanted to watch Ben. I asked him what traits he looked for and he said, first touch and pace over the first five/ten yards. He didn’t seem impressed. This was during the first half. I saw him leave just after the second half started.
That was my mate Tony Hopkins Pembs.
Smashing bloke no longer with us.
Utd scout and great lovely character
Fergie came down to read the Eulogy.
Local lad Headmaster and United scout for many many years.
Me and Mrs Nouble greatly miss him

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Whether it is with Brighton (superior GD to the other teams) or Leeds, he will be in the Premiership next season. Bloody well done to the lad, he is some player. Fantastic for us. Far, far too good for L2. Our gain though.

That was my mate Tony Hopkins Pembs.
Smashing bloke no longer with us.
Utd scout and great lovely character
Fergie came down to read the Eulogy.
Local lad Headmaster and United scout for many many years.
Me and Mrs Nouble greatly miss him
Bloody hell mate, I didn’t know that. Only spoke to him for about 10 mins or so. Seemed a really nice bloke to me. Knew his stuff especially football. It is nice that he is remembered by some at RP. Nice one mate.

pembsexile wrote:Bit too early for me to say that he will play for England though.
I actually looked into putting money on this occurrence but these betting sites are beyond my comprehension :(

However I did see articles indicating Southgate was looking to involve him in the England set-up as part of his aim of givIng youngsters a chance.

County Exile wrote:Cracking goal scored by him last night

Thanks for that Rob. What a belter. I missed that one last night and can’t find it on the BBC this morning. He is some player. Wonder if Leeds will make an offer to Brighton. £M20 should do it :grin:

pembsexile wrote:
County Exile wrote:Cracking goal scored by him last night

Thanks for that Rob. What a belter. I missed that one last night and can’t find it on the BBC this morning. He is some player. Wonder if Leeds will make an offer to Brighton. £M20 should do it :grin:
Leeds supporting mate of mine said Brighton put a £35million price tag on him. A bit strange being they haven't deemed him good enough to play for them yet. He is quality though and I also think he will play for England unless he has a Welsh great granny :grin: