Re: The Retained and Released list is out

Percy plunkett wrote:The thing is,FGR,Mansfield and Salford have sugar daddies,we do not.Once there is a definite date for the season to start,we will sign players.I still think Jamma and Benno will be with us,it all depends on if they feel let down by the club and will look elsewhere or,they see that it was nothing personal and a business decision to hold back.
Bennett certainly seemed to have chosen his words carefully when talking about his future, so it wouldn’t surprise me at all if he’s on the team sheet next time we play a game. Matt I’m not so sure of.

halfmoon wrote:Sometimes I'm bothered by the sheer sporting unfairness of some clubs having the cash to splash out on three-year deals, but to be honest I'm happy for them to just carry on until they overstretch themselves. It's all built on sand, and they'll all be up shit creek when their millionaire owners get bored.

Unfortunately at FGR I cant see Vegan Boy getting bored any time soon . He seems to love using the club as his 'self publishing machine' to promote his 'green issues'
The worlds first ALL Vegan club
The worlds first club to run Solely on 'Green Power'
His idea of a 100% Carbon Neutral Stadium he has planned at Stonehouse
the list seems to be growing all the time

The same type of thing at Salford , the owners are constantly seeking the attention the club brings them, The TV programmes about them , 'little old Salford's' rise through the leagues ( even though they are backed by billionaires / millionaires, etc

As many clubs who haven't got money to spend ,many clubs giving their academy players a chance.just look at Exeter, Cheltenham, oxford,just few who are believing in their academy system.home grown players who give 100 %in every game they play.
I know it will take time,look to the future for this club,support the youth coming through.some but not all could bring this club much needed money.
If this club dont believe in their own academy, why have one?
Dom for example, local lad who still very young ,good footballer ,and let go ???
And bring in a player on loan who just here for wages ,no love to this club