Raising revenue

A lot has been said on here about our financial plight. Over the past few days an idea has entered my thoughts. From what has been said in the past few days it looks unlikely that we will have any fans in RP until October time. The loss of gate revenue will be quite profound.

I have watched with interest some interviews from Elland Road over the past few days where people have been interviewed about Leeds recent promotion. Good luck to them and well done. Now, admittedly Leeds have been playing games recently, some televised as well. What I have noticed at Elland Road is that there are thousands of fan photos/placards places strategically on stadium seats. There are thousands of them and it looks very impressive. These must have been paid for.

Now, I completely understand that Leeds own ER and we don’t own RP but is there no way we could get together with the Dragons/WRU to have fan placards strategically placed when the football/rugby eventually start? They don’t have to be permanent, just have to look impressive. I have no idea how much they pay at ER but some money is better than nowt surely? Just a thought.

Forgot to add, before someone mentions it - Leeds games are televised, ours normally aren’t. However, the Dragons are and anyway, a lot has been said on here about Iplayer. If you rent that for a game you may get to see your photo/placard along with countless millions :wink: of others. The TV are there for news reports anyway. Put them in the Hazel I would say, the TV cameras are on the other side.
Last edited by pembsexile on July 19th, 2020, 10:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Raising revenue

It's a good idea and would foster the idea that both the city's sports are In This Together. They'd have to go in the old stand to face the cameras while staying protected from the weather.

A proportion of our support would whine at being asked to put their hands in their pockets. I have one at a rugby league ground in Sydney, which cost about 15 quid.

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's a good idea and would foster the idea that both the city's sports are In This Together. They'd have to go in the old stand to face the cameras while staying protected from the weather.

A proportion of our support would whine at being asked to put their hands in their pockets. I have one at a rugby league ground in Sydney, which cost about 15 quid.
You beat me to it GSB, please see my edit above just now.

No idea at the moment. If I get positive vibes on here I will contact the club as a starter to see what they say. Then the next step I would have thought is to contact Leeds to see how much they charge and how the logistics actually work.

Let’s hope for positive vibes. The idea has to be liked for it to work.

I know four fans who would definately buy one. Ultimately its up to the club to work out if its feasable and if Rodney Parade would allow it.

Surely its not beyond the realms of possibility that a Newport united campaign could be run with all three sporting clubs sharing the stadium with cut outs.

jonescmj1 wrote:And! They could wear sponsors names, not just the officila sponsors, but if we could all find one additional sponsor.
Yes you could have a sponsor name there. However there is a better idea as well. For a fee, you could also have ‘Thank you NHS’ on the photo with money going to the NHS as well as the club. A win/win. There is already a photo of this on the club website in English and Welsh. We could use this one.
I have contacted the club this morning. Fingers crossed.

George Street-Bridge wrote:It's a good idea and would foster the idea that both the city's sports are In This Together. They'd have to go in the old stand to face the cameras while staying protected from the weather.

I think this is a great idea its fun and would get a lot off support. I think Leeds had a lot of unexpected celebrities amongst their cardboard crowd. The mind boggles thinking about who could turn up amongst ours.
On the subject of our fans whining about putting our hand in their pocket. I think we are quite a generous bunch until someone tries to take the p out of us.

Totally spoilt this reply by the stupid last paragraph start.
Name somebody on here for example who would whine. :roll: