Re: Cardiff and Swansea both in the playoffs

halfmoon wrote:Not an ideal time to be a County fan unsure when (or even if) we'll ever kick a ball again, is it?

Why ?
I dont see them as rivals anymore....when was the last time we faced any of them in the League...?????
.Swansea in the FA CUP years ago when we were non league and Cardiff in the Welsh invitational trophy , also many years ago were the last time we played either of them.
Unless we draw them in the FL Cup or the FA Cup it will be many years until we face them in the same League unless they have a mighty fall as I cant see us climbing the pyramid unless someone wins the Euro lottery

Incredible night of football in the Championship. How did Forest surrender an 8 point goal difference from the start of the night. Remarkable and well done the Jacks. Swans v Cardiff final with the Jacks to win.

Like others have said, they are no longer our rivals. They are both streets and stadiums ahead of us. They know when they are playing football again, like the rest of our League, we don’t. I just hope that things are progressing behind the scenes because we may not even have a bloody home in a few years.

pembsexile wrote:Incredible night of football in the Championship. How did Forest surrender an 8 point goal difference from the start of the night. Remarkable and well done the Jacks. Swans v Cardiff final with the Jacks to win.

Like others have said, they are no longer our rivals. They are both streets and stadiums ahead of us. They know when they are playing football again, like the rest of our League, we don’t. I just hope that things are progressing behind the scenes because we may not even have a bloody home in a few years.
Think it was a +5 advantage, but still a massive turnaround. Reading defender getting sent off was a big bonus.

excessbee wrote:Wasn't expecting both of them in the playoffs, but I did post a while back wondering, if (Cardiff) are ultimately successful, there might be a couple of fringe/younger players surplus to requirements. Neither club will have issued a retained/released list yet so who knows.
Agree with comment.
It would be good for South Wales to have a premiership team and like you said perhaps we could benefit from a loanee or two from either of their sides