Re: Test event

I don’t understand why if they are doing it today, they didn’t allow 1000 fans for the WI Test. That would have been more of a PR coup, more media coverage and more of ‘test’. I suppose they have their reasons, and I certainly hope the fans behave. It will be good to see how they are segregated in the ground.

pembsexile wrote:I don’t understand why if they are doing it today, they didn’t allow 1000 fans for the WI Test. That would have been more of a PR coup, more media coverage and more of ‘test’. I suppose they have their reasons, and I certainly hope the fans behave. It will be good to see how they are segregated in the ground.
Its because they created a bio bubble for the Test series conditions which where agreed couple months back

For social distance the spectators are seated 2 seats apart you can sit together if you can prove you live together

UPTHEPORT wrote:
For social distance the spectators are seated 2 seats apart you can sit together if you can prove you live together
Just shows how much authorities don't really think things through. I have a friend who lives in Dorset. Every year we take in a days cricket together. I arrive at his house on the Friday night. We have supper together. We breakfast together, drive up together to Southampton, the Oval, or wherever.

This year I won't get over but if I did the absurdity of sitting next to each other for a few hours in a car, but having to distance in the stadium beggers belief.

Ireland has a green list of countries which can be visited without restriction. However as some of these countries can't be reached directly from Ireland without travelling through non green list countries it is utterly pointless.

Power and stupidity make worrying bedfellows.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:
Just shows how much authorities don't really think things through. I have a friend who lives in Dorset. Every year we take in a days cricket together. I arrive at his house on the Friday night. We have supper together. We breakfast together, drive up together to Southampton, the Oval, or wherever.

This year I won't get over but if I did the absurdity of sitting next to each other for a few hours in a car, but having to distance in the stadium beggers belief.

Ireland has a green list of countries which can be visited without restriction. However as some of these countries can't be reached directly from Ireland without travelling through non green list countries it is utterly pointless.

I'm not sure that's right. If you were to visit your friend at the moment, the current rules say you couldn't stay at his house or sit next to each other in a car unless you were part of an 'extended household' or 'social bubble'. Those are the same reasons as why you couldn't sit next to each other in a stadium.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I'm not sure that's right. If you were to visit your friend at the moment, the current rules say you couldn't stay at his house or sit next to each other in a car unless you were part of an 'extended household' or 'social bubble'. Those are the same reasons as why you couldn't sit next to each other in a stadium.
Correction. I'm half-right. :lol:
The above is the case for Wales.
In England you can visit someone else's house and stay overnight but you have to maintain social distancing. Sharing private cars is not advised but if you have to, you have to maintain stay as far apart as possible, wear a face mask and keep the windows open.

Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

According to UTP people need to show they live in the same house to sit next to one another. So take up your pedantry with him.

Quite how pubs can be open, or people can go to shops, or how this 'extended household' can be policed is beyond me. Rules made on the hoof always lead to ridiculous anomalies. I understand that in the UK if you go into a bakery to buy pie, you have to put on a mask for your two minutes in the shop, if staying in the shop to eat said pie you don't need to wear a mask for fifteen minutes you're in the shop.

Crazy.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Jonesy3 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

According to UTP people need to show they live in the same house to sit next to one another. So take up your pedantry with him.

Quite how pubs can be open, or people can go to shops, or how this 'extended household' can be policed is beyond me. Rules made on the hoof always lead to ridiculous anomalies. I understand that in the UK if you go into a bakery to buy pie, you have to put on a mask for your two minutes in the shop, if staying in the shop to eat said pie you don't need to wear a mask for fifteen minutes you're in the shop.

Crazy.
See my follow-up post. I'm not trying to be a pedant, but trying to explain the rules as they stand. They're not my rules, and I agree that some of them seem bizarre.

Though I suspect wearing a mask while you eat a pie might me a bit messy, but good for calorie control. :wink:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:the whole thing is idiotic.
Every day its gets more laughable.
I think 90% of the Country are totally ignoring these idiots anyway.
Just go down the road anywhere and see nobody cares.
Init!! And you got over 70s ignoring government advice :roll:

I remember back in the 1960's when I was at primary school Hong Kong 'flu being a pandemic. I read recently that in the UK an estimated 80,000 excess deaths were recorded.

I also recall there was no lockdown. My guess, and it is just a guess is that the generation who ran the country 50 years ago, were the generation who had come through the Second World War and that they might have had a different attitude as to what was an acceptable death rate. And before anyone throws a wobbly, we all die, some of us die before our time, and all major building projects and road usage, indeed most aspects of construction and transport, build in an acceptable level of death.

I make no comment on how governments calculate a risk/benefit matrix with respect to safety versus the economy. I merely point out that to a degree, life is always a risk and death is always at our shoulder.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:the whole thing is idiotic.
Every day its gets more laughable.
I think 90% of the Country are totally ignoring these idiots anyway.
Just go down the road anywhere and see nobody cares.
On my road you'd see a very different story. I guess we're just lucky..... ;-)

It will be interesting to see how this suggestion ages over the next few weeks -

UEFA suggested to use the UEFA Super Cup, which will be played on 24 September in Budapest, as a pilot match for which a reduced number of spectators could be allowed in.

Cray Wanderers and Bromley FC share a ground....Hayes Lane in Bromley..........nothing strange about that

The new government guidelines about getting crowds back into Football where teams below level ,6 (?) will be able to now have crowds seem a tad silly in this case because they use the same ground . One team can have a crowd watching games at level 7 but one can't......