When?

1 Will we start training again ,2 start signing some decent players,3 letting some of the dead wood go,4 getting the kits released 5 getting information out to the supporters, so come on only 6 weeks sat let's start kicking on and have a great season county.

Re: When?

countymadbel wrote:If that's the case how come some clubs already signed players Mansfield, Bolton & veggies.
Because they can be signed but not play or be officially registered until the window opens.

If clubs want to pay wages from signing date in these straitened times, then more fool them, I say. But those signings might all have wage start dates of today's date anyway.

countymadbel wrote:1 Will we start training again ,2 start signing some decent players,3 letting some of the dead wood go,4 getting the kits released 5 getting information out to the supporters, so come on only 6 weeks sat let's start kicking on and have a great season county.
Honestly, anyone who thinks we'll be signing players needs a reality check. I'm not saying a couple of frees might not come in, but that'll be the extent of it given the financial pressures. Likewise, "letting the dead wood go" is optimistic as they'd want a payoff which we simply can't afford at the moment.

As for your other questions, I'd refer you to the recent club Q&A:
Q11. When will the players return to training?

A. This date will be driven by the start of the season announcement. Planning is under way internally to ensure we are ready when the announcement is made.

Q14. When will the new kit be launched?

A. Given the current climate the launch will be a little different this year. However, the plan for launching the kits is as follows.

• Away – W/C – 27th July
• Third – W/C – 17th August
• Home – W/C – 1st September

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
countymadbel wrote:1 Will we start training again ,2 start signing some decent players,3 letting some of the dead wood go,4 getting the kits released 5 getting information out to the supporters, so come on only 6 weeks sat let's start kicking on and have a great season county.
Honestly, anyone who thinks we'll be signing players needs a reality check. I'm not saying a couple of frees might not come in, but that'll be the extent of it given the financial pressures. Likewise, "letting the dead wood go" is optimistic as they'd want a payoff which we simply can't afford at the moment.

As for your other questions, I'd refer you to the recent club Q&A:
Q11. When will the players return to training?

A. This date will be driven by the start of the season announcement. Planning is under way internally to ensure we are ready when the announcement is made.

Q14. When will the new kit be launched?

A. Given the current climate the launch will be a little different this year. However, the plan for launching the kits is as follows.

• Away – W/C – 27th July
• Third – W/C – 17th August
• Home – W/C – 1st September
Somebody talking total sense.

Powers to be state that players need a full 6 weeks training to be match fit.
We have 17 players fit or not.

sat let's start kicking on and have a great season county.[/quote]

[/quote]

I think you might be quite near the mark. As reported yesterday by the BBC: reduced crowds = reduced revenue... barring a PL handout (as opposed to a PL loan or early payment of the consolidation payment for the season after next).

As a rough estimate, say there is an allowed average 25% capacity of RP (from a smaller start of say 10% at some point in October up to to 30% at some point after Xmas). This might give a max gate income in the region of £0.75 million over a season (based on £14 average net per person). So, a max budget close to £1 million, say, with the consolidation payment for this season (but IIRC we've already been forwarded that for last season's issues and so that might not be available). And that's a max club budget, not just the playing budget. We have 16 pros on contract. Say an average of £40k for the group. That's £0.64 million. So, maybe room for a couple of players and a couple of loans, and then a drawdown on cup money for day-to-day running of the club? I'd fund Bennett, as he's versatile and a known quantity, and I'd get a couple of loans if the finances still allow. The possibilities are quite constrained.