Re: New Shirt Sponsor!

excessbee wrote:Hmm.... Nine consecutive posts..... Make of that what you will. :wink:
Hopefully despite all the grief the fella gets on here and directly from the BOD he has clearly on this occasion been proven 100% correct.
Suggest all you up on the clouds read Amberexiles comments also.
Can you argue with that?

Amberexile wrote:I see in today's newsletter that the Trust have admitted that they donated the £5,000 to the shirt sponsor fund as Stan guessed .

There is no mention that this was done in exchange for shares in the club which is the usual process for donations from Trust to Club.

I have been previously satisfied that the club can use this money for the players budget as with other Trust donations but what a dumb thing to do. They seem to have given up on reaching the ownership threshold previously set. Maybe this is because some existing shareholders will not part with their shares but in my view they should still be looking to maximise the Trust shareholding at every opportunity.
Having just read the content of the letter, for me the saddest part is that they have tried to dress it up as good news. ‘The Trust has increased its donation...etc’. It is not new money, it is money that has already been donated.

I know that it seems the norm these days for organisations to put a positive spin on everything, but come on, where is the realism, people are not stupid. Very, very sad.

I seem to recall Shaun Johnson saying that if trust membership was increased then MF would be knocking on their door for more funds for players and that trust membership subscriptions were to support an increase in the playing budget and therefore surely we need to question why funds are being used from the trust and other supporters groups to fund the shirt sponsorship as has been said on here before this is not new money this is money that the club would have received anyway. I thought the shirt sponsorship idea was to generate additional money to help in the current unprecedented situation although I still maintain that the shirt sponsorship should have been signed and sealed by our commercial team prior to lockdown commencing as most clubs have next seasons sponsors lined up at least as the season draws to a close

There is one good thing that has come out of the overdrawn saga. It is this.

No more can any fair minded person, of whom make up the vast majority of the readership of this board, be in any doubt as to the fact that the inner sanctum of directors who run Newport County are a load of complete gobshites.

A small mercy perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless.

weownourclub wrote:Almost at £41,000 now. Well in all involved. Hopefully the donations will pick up now as 50% of all over 40 goes to the charities! UTC.
Sorry but that's total rubbish
The charities get a third of 50%.
Scenario I have £100 to give my Charity JDRF.
Or I could give it to the County and my charity would get £16.67.
What do you think I should do.
Its totally obvious I'm afraid.
You keep believing fella if it makes you happy.
Only thing you got correct is well done to a few hundred supporters maybe that donated.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
weownourclub wrote:Almost at £41,000 now. Well in all involved. Hopefully the donations will pick up now as 50% of all over 40 goes to the charities! UTC.
The charities get a third of 50%..
No, Frank, he/she is correct. The charities (plural) get a third EACH of fifty percent over the 40k.
So collectively, they get 50%, which is what was said.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
The charities get a third of 50%..
No, Frank, he/she is correct. The charities (plural) get a third EACH of fifty percent over the 40k.
So collectively, they get 50%, which is what was said.
“Total rubbish” indeed.