Re: National league p/off final

Amberexile wrote:very happy with that result :cheers:
Me too. In my case I have to be frank. I believe we must be amongst the favourites to be relegated next season. To avoid going down we need to teams to be worse than us. Had they been promoted I believe Notts County would likely to have had a similar experience as did Luton Town. Harrogate more like Macclesfield.

Cynical perhaps, but anyone really think I'm wrong?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Me too. In my case I have to be frank. I believe we must be amongst the favourites to be relegated next season. To avoid going down we need to teams to be worse than us. Had they been promoted I believe Notts County would likely to have had a similar experience as did Luton Town. Harrogate more like Macclesfield.

I must say I tend to agree with you Stan.
That’s why I was glad Mac Town didn’t get relegated (although I believe they should of). We need some poorer teams below us. Mac Town could well have points deducted again next season. Which will be beneficial for us,

Macclesfield aren't out of the woods yet. EFL appeal against the independent panel ruling is still to be heard. Seems a very strange arrangement. Apparently they have submitted a business plan for the forthcoming season (and beyond) but don't actually have a manager and have just two players signed up. Whilst their current owner remains in place, I wouldn't be surprised if they don't get through the season. In that respect, I hope their appeal is successful. Maybe an expulsion and just 23 teams in League Two next season is a possibility.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Honestly don’t think relegation will be sorted on the pitch as there are several sides in danger of points deductions for issues other than going into administration

Really good game, the proverbial game of four quarters with Harrogate who man-for-man looked much fitter in charge for 1,2 and 4. Notts got one back early in the second half but couldn't sustain the pressure. Boldewijn can't have been fully fit or surely he would have started.

I thought Mitch Rose might get hooked at HT as Harrogate had been pouring through midfield, but he played all 90 minutes. Jon Stead did an excellent job as sub for Harrogate, great hold-up play and hit the post..

excessbee wrote:Macclesfield aren't out of the woods yet. EFL appeal against the independent panel ruling is still to be heard... I hope their appeal is successful. Maybe an expulsion and just 23 teams in League Two next season is a possibility.
Ridiculous that the tail is still wagging the dog. Clubs want to know how many home games they'll have and the EFL still can't get its arse in gear.