Re: Tomorrow night

I'd imagine this is the sort of game where Longe-King would get 90 minutes to assess his ability against teams at our level. I'd also expect Taylor to start as he works his way to match fitness, and possibly Podge too (I assume he wasn't 100% on Saturday). I'd imagine Baker might play right-back, again to gain match sharpness. Midfield is harder to predict - Flynn may agree with you and try to not disrupt the team, but I'd imagine Wilmott will figure at some point.

Let's be honest, we don't have the biggest squad and we'll be playing twice-weekly for most of the season, so it's a fair bet that players who don't start on the Saturday will start on the Tuesday a lot of the time just to prevent fatigue.

Games will be coming thick and fast for the next few weeks.
After our great success on Saturday against The Jacks all the lads should be chomping on the bit to play and to impress to get into the league fixture side.
So I would expect to see a fair few changes in the side from Saturday to as many players as possible fired up and match fit.
Best of luck lads.

Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Bennett, Longe-King and Ellison will not be in the squad
I can understand saving Bennett for Scunthorpe but,there seems no reason not to play the other two.

None of them are fit.
Don’t tell me Grandad broke his toe kicking that advertising board and is out for months.LK played against Rovers and not since so may be injured or struggling to get to EFL levels.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Bennett, Longe-King and Ellison will not be in the squad
I can understand saving Bennett for Scunthorpe but,there seems no reason not to play the other two.

None of them are fit.
Don’t tell me Grandad broke his toe kicking that advertising board and is out for months.LK played against Rovers and not since so may be injured or struggling to get to EFL levels.
It sounded like Ellison was closest to being fit out of the three of them, among some other interesting comments about him.

Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I notice ifollow want a tenner for tomorrow game as well bit steep that I would have paid a fiver

We don't charge that to go watch this competition
How much were they last season?
I don't think that this competition has been video broadcast before this season. It is expensive but they may be trying to recover broadcasting costs from what will be a small audience. I was reluctant but I think I'll tune in to see players that didn't play on Saturday and because its been so long without football.

Amberexile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I notice ifollow want a tenner for tomorrow game as well bit steep that I would have paid a fiver

We don't charge that to go watch this competition
How much were they last season?
Quite sure i paid £10 last season for the equivalent game at Cheltenham.
MF says a number of academy lads will play tomorrow.