Re: Programmes

wattsville_boy wrote:I don't have the answer but personally I've been wondering for the past couple of years that an online edition of the programme would be a welcome addition/option.

Me too - surely a downloadable version for phone would suit many younger fans these days and without the cost of print could be more profitable. There will always be those that like the paper version so I guess the challenge would always be how many to print.

Surreyexile wrote:I used to subscribe to the PDF version of the programmes in the 12-13 and 13-14 seasons. Don't see why they can't offer that now.
Although I much prefer the old fashioned paper I agree entirely. The cost of production of a digital programme in addition to a hard copy is negligible.

Also comparing programmes from the 1970/80's with those produced today, whilst today's are glossier and bigger, they are nowhere near as good a read.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Surreyexile wrote:I used to subscribe to the PDF version of the programmes in the 12-13 and 13-14 seasons. Don't see why they can't offer that now.
Although I much prefer the old fashioned paper I agree entirely. The cost of production of a digital programme in addition to a hard copy is negligible.

Also comparing programmes from the 1970/80's with those produced today, whilst today's are glossier and bigger, they are nowhere near as good a read.
It's all part of the match day ritual for me. I like to get to the ground at least 30 minutes before kick-off so that I can queue and buy a beverage, drink it whilst reading programme and squeeze out a pee before taking my seat. If any of those components are missing then it's not as enjoyable...

George Street-Bridge wrote:II'm not involved in the business side of the programme, but once you release an e-version how would you stop it just being punted around and undermining sales? Can this be done on a technical level?
There are many ways to protect digital content, they all cost money to implement and none are infallible so there is a cost/benefit decision to be made. In this day and age, I would also expect a level of interaction from digital media which would need to be developed both at the generic level and individually for each program.

Looking at the standard of the website, I'm not holding my breath.

George Street-Bridge wrote:II'm not involved in the business side of the programme, but once you release an e-version how would you stop it just being punted around and undermining sales? Can this be done on a technical level?
To be fair you could say similar about the physical copy. Sometimes people share their copy with friends undermining sales. Perhaps the club should be demanding people sign a form promising not to share their copy with anyone else.

Nonsensical comparison. A physical copy can only be in one place at one time and obviously people will share. Mrs Street-Bridge and I buy one copy, not one each.

Anything sent out for example as a .pdf file could be circulated to any number of people at the click of a mouse. And some supporters do like a freebie at the club's expense - hence periodic crackdowns on abuse of concessionary admission prices.