Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Cannot ever remember seeing such one sided stats for the boys albeit only one goal to show for it.
3rd Round here we come.
72% possession
26 shots
13 corners.
All we need is a striker and who knows where we will end up.
Surely it's better to be creating chances that aren't taken than not to be creating the chances in the first place. I think there are sufficient signs that with more match fitness the strikers won't be so profligate in front of goal.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Cannot ever remember seeing such one sided stats for the boys albeit only one goal to show for it.
3rd Round here we come.
72% possession
26 shots
13 corners.
All we need is a striker and who knows where we will end up.
Steady my friend. We only have a squad of 17 and our club is skint remember.
NB

Never said that.
I stated from the man in charge and his second in command that they would start training with 17 players exactly correct.
Scott signed day after making 18.
Never ever said we we were skint either.
Stop trying to be a smug smart ass.
Not just me who can see through you whatever position you hold over RP.
Board or staff.
Couldn't give a monkees.
Two things. Great to be in third round. I was a primary school pupil when I started supporting County in the mid sixties. Never seen us in the third round before.

Secondly I totally agree Frank. I don't give a f@ck what people say about the views I hold. But it really p!sses me off when certain posters are critical of views they say I hold when I don't.

There are already some dilemmas for Flynny.Dolan looked good against Swansea in the back three where he picked out some good passes.I have liked the look of Cooper from the first I saw him,he can ping a few good balls as well.Then where does Benno play,I feel in a back three is his best position,if in midfield who drops out.I like Twine in that in between role,Sheehan is immense,could the captain be left out?,interesting and the sort of headaches any manager would love to have.

‪My Mistake , should have signed everyone in July before knowing if and when the season would start. ‬

‪Frank, July 26th‬

‪As previous.‬
‪Starting with 17, no new signings on horizon.‬
‪Azeez up front to give us 20 plus goals.‬
‪Who needs Jamma.‬
‪Whiteley commanding Midfield.‬
‪Leadbitter at the back limping badly but still showing potential.‬
‪To keep the score down starting with both keepers.‬
‪Rumours be blown .‬
‪Stick to facts Corky.‬

Percy plunkett wrote:There are already some dilemmas for Flynny.Dolan looked good against Swansea in the back three where he picked out some good passes.I have liked the look of Cooper from the first I saw him,he can ping a few good balls as well.Then where does Benno play,I feel in a back three is his best position,if in midfield who drops out.I like Twine in that in between role,Sheehan is immense,could the captain be left out?,interesting and the sort of headaches any manager would love to have.

I agree , although I would still like a left sided player and another midfielder . Glad we got more than 17 though

Mr Bryant we still don't know if we are skint or not you still haven't told us what the situation is, as for the size of the squad it's surely because we got rid of of the dross you the board allowed Elite to send us after your brilliant decision to give them a contract last season, two games in and you are lording it over anyone who questions the board.
Let's see where you are when things get a bit ropey, I know one thing you don't do the board any favours with your arrogance.

Alan G Bryant wrote:‪My Mistake , should have signed everyone in July before knowing if and when the season would start. ‬

‪Frank, July 26th‬

‪As previous.‬
‪Who needs Jamma.‬
‪Rumours be blown .‬
‪Stick to facts Corky.‬
Nice to see you posting again. Any news on letting us know who the hysterical minority are. You have been avoiding answering that one for over 18 months.

Percy plunkett wrote:There are already some dilemmas for Flynny.Dolan looked good against Swansea in the back three where he picked out some good passes.I have liked the look of Cooper from the first I saw him,he can ping a few good balls as well.Then where does Benno play,I feel in a back three is his best position,if in midfield who drops out.I like Twine in that in between role,Sheehan is immense,could the captain be left out?,interesting and the sort of headaches any manager would love to have.
Agree squad is looking in form and strong - I would bring Benno into midfield ahead of Labs and Willmott, difficult decision Cooper or Dolan and also what is our preferred starting two up front - Abraham’s done enough to get a run but who is best with him.

Alan G Bryant wrote:‪My Mistake , should have signed everyone in July before knowing if and when the season would start. ‬

‪Frank, July 26th‬

‪As previous.‬
‪Who needs Jamma.‬
‪Rumours be blown .‬
‪Stick to facts Corky.‬
Spot on.
Pleasing to see since our first day back in training, those I quoted have moved on and I wish them all the best.
Replacements have clearly impressed so far albeit where Kevin will get game time remains imo a bit of a mystery.

pembsexile wrote:

‪Frank, July 26th‬

‪As previous.‬
‪Who needs Jamma.‬
‪Rumours be blown .‬
‪Stick to facts Corky.‬
Nice to see you posting again. Any news on letting us know who the hysterical minority are. You have been avoiding answering that one for over 18 months.
:lol:

Snowman wrote:So into round 3 for the first time since 1962

Is it worth it though?

We wont make much money without crowds, in fact it will probably cost us money to host the games

More chance of picking up injuries

Normally I would be pleased but I cant help feeling that this is a competition not worth being in this year
I did think that but by the same token we don't make more money finishing 11th than 16th.

Aside from pitchside advertising etc, the only real way of making money out of the League Cup is TV coverage.
Prize money in the League Cup doesn't start until the semi-finals.
Still don't really understand why the Swansea game wasn't selected for TV - but perhaps a Welsh derby doesn't mean much to the rest of the country?
I think there are four 3rd round matches on the box so fingers crossed us v Watford might be seen as a potential 'giant' killing.
Lincoln v Liverpool & Luton v Man Ure are probably odds-on for TV, with the other two slots up for grabs.