Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.
I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.
Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.
I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.

Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.
Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.
I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.
Sorry but nearly fell of my chair with your last sentence.

Jonesy3 wrote:Aside from pitchside advertising etc, the only real way of making money out of the League Cup is TV coverage.
Prize money in the League Cup doesn't start until the semi-finals.
Still don't really understand why the Swansea game wasn't selected for TV - but perhaps a Welsh derby doesn't mean much to the rest of the country?
I think there are four 3rd round matches on the box so fingers crossed us v Watford might be seen as a potential 'giant' killing.
Lincoln v Liverpool & Luton v Man Ure are probably odds-on for TV, with the other two slots up for grabs.
Think Morecambe v Newcastle is a nice one too.

We’ve had our fair tv share of late (some would argue more than) ...... I for one wouldn’t blame the tv companies if the felt the same !

.... not sure if BBC or S4C can get the rights to Carabao cup games .... prob wrong with that one.

Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).
Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.

County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).
Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.
"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
amberbhoy wrote:Mr Bryant we still don't know if we are skint or not you still haven't told us what the situation is,.
The June 2019 accounts have still not been filed, no doubt fines are also now being imposed.
The club were granted an extension, the accounts are now due by 30th September. Those will be the accounts to June 2019 of course so over 12 months out of date when we get to see them.

AGMs are due to be organised for October according to the notes from the June Trust Board Meeting.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Total rubbish.

4-0 was it.
Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.

neilcork68 wrote:Strange that you mention the few good things he has done in games but that pass last night could have cost us the Watford game..
No mention of that ???

How MF see's him as a central midfielder is beyond my reasoning ???
Neil the Willmott dreamers are back - decent player who for some reason does the occasional great cross and it is folk law.

Jonesy3 wrote:Prize money in the League Cup doesn't start until the semi-finals.
This is so darned unfair. The teams likely to be in receipt of the prize money are in all probability the ones who pay each of their first teamers 50-100K per week. The clubs who desperately need it won't see a penny of it.

Edit: Winner gets £100K plus entry to the Europa League second qualifying round. The losing finalist and losing semi-finalists all make the same money - £50K.

carabao is an energy drink. Who knew?

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Total rubbish.

4-0 was it.
Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.
Listen sunshine.
You have an opinion I have one also.
Like I said without doubt the best wide player we have had since our return to RP.
If you don't think so fair enough.
I really couldn't give a monkey what you think.
Sorry but that's how it is.
Cheers,

By the way put a few bob in the JDRF charity for making up facts that never ever were said.
£5 will do.
Happy to remind you.

Always running Hughsey down. Answer Not once
Dom's parents think I am nuts Answer Total rubbish.

Look forward to the donation.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Total rubbish.

4-0 was it.
Listen sunshine.
Like I said without doubt the best wide player we have had since our return to RP.
Cheers,

By the way put a few bob in the JDRF charity for making up facts that never ever were said.
£5 will do.
Happy to remind you.

Frank I am still waiting for you to let me know which of your superstar kids released by us have made it in the game and now add to that a Willmott goal similar to his Middlesbrough effort.
Just admit you can’t
I am waiting.

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Total rubbish.

4-0 was it.
Listen sunshine.
Cheers,

£5 will do.
Happy to remind you.

Frank I am still waiting for you to let me know which of your superstar kids released by us have made it in the game and now add to that a Willmott goal similar to his Middlesbrough effort.
Just admit you can’t
I am waiting.
You are certainly cloning into AGB.
Question 1 None
Question 2 Does one super strike make a player?
Now for the umpteenth time when was I guilty of continually having a Pop at Hughsey.
Secondly please confirm that Mr & Mrs Jefferies think I am mad.
AGB has taken 18 months so far not to answer Pembs, You are 17 behind currently. :roll:

y