Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
pembsexile wrote:What was Robbie doing there. What an awful pass across goal.
I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.
Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.
I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.
How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).
Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.
"Middlesborough goal sadly was a one off"

Total rubbish.
Without writing a Chapter on War and Peace. :lol:

Away to FGR superb cross for Padraig to score.
Wrexham in the cup owned the pitch
4-0 was it.
Out wide nobody been better for us since getting back in the league.
Put him in front of myself out wide. :wink:
Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.
Robbie has always delivered in big games for us...
Assisted the winner vs Leeds at home
Assisted Podge's goal vs Spurs
Assisted Jamma's goal vs Leicester
Scored 1 and assisted 1 vs Middlesbrough
Assisted Podge vs Man City
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.
I think the people who big him up need to give him a break your post proves my point - he is paid to assist goals and he does but he does lack consistency which is why he has his knockers - the better players in the squad don’t split opinion, the squad players like Willmott will. Bigging him up makes him a target because he is not a game changer week in week out only spasmodically- he has made telling contributions in big games -( as a fan of his maybe you can tell me if he was mom in each game or only made one contribution ) but there are too many games when he is very average - could have cost the game last night.

Re: Grandstand: Exiles v Cambridge

Willmott goes missing in many games, admittedly he certainly does 'show up' in the big games, not sure if that's a good thing or not as it would be nice if he could get up for & do it in the 'bread and butter' games consistently.
Awful in any position other than on the wing but Flynny likes to shoehorn his mucca in the side regardless. If you can't play him on the wing Flynny, please don't play him.

County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
I'm not his biggest fan but other than that glaring error (which he got away with) he was okay.

Decent enough performance all round without too much shine to it. Looked like a pre-season friendly at times.

But thought the strikers did okay. Twine and Janneh look promising, Abrahams gives lots of hustle and bustle but needs to add that final finish. And Taylor is an old head to see games out.
Pleased that he put in an OK performance (Only saw the highlight), but that pass was a schoolboy error.
I just think he brings zero to the table unfortunately. Useful to have in the squad in case of injury I suppose but I can't remember the time he did anything of note.
How about that goal vs Middlesbrough?? Or that cross to Podge for the goal vs Spurs?? Robbie doesn't get the credit he deserves at times. He is brilliant as a right winger/midfielder, even a wing back. The hate he gets is ridiculous.

Robbie is a cracking player. He just needs to be played in his natural position (out wide).
Willmott is a decent player who I expect will be a squad player this year. Like many decent L2 players has moments of great play but is not consistent and his problem is the few that call him brilliant, cracking etc. He is not, he is not a consistent game changer, does at times but a useful member of the squad. Out wide I agree is his best position and he can deliver a great cross at times but does not beat a man with any regularity no - note Shephard last night and the Middlesborough goal was sadly a one off - if he did things like that more often or even looked like doing things like that then you get into the more enthusiastic adjectives.

Total rubbish.

4-0 was it.
Frank back it up with fact, read what you have said Middlesborough was a one off - you compare it to a cross you are laughable like the kids you love so much no fact to back it up. Nobody better out wide really - Jackson, Pipe, Butler, Haynes all beat a man as well as Willmott - deluded as usual. He is a squad player lacks consistency.
Come on Frank highlight another Willmott goal that was a match for his Middlesbrough effort otherwise doesn’t that make it a one off.
Has also scored winners for us on several occasions (Mansfield home, Exeter home).

This is why so many fans like him as a player. He always puts 100% in for us and you can clearly see that week in week out. He was used as a scapegoat last season, even the previous one because he lost form during the season.

Give the guy a break.
I think the people who big him up need to give him a break your post proves my point - he is paid to assist goals and he does but he does lack consistency which is why he has his knockers - the better players in the squad don’t split opinion, the squad players like Willmott will. Bigging him up makes him a target because he is not a game changer week in week out only spasmodically- he has made telling contributions in big games -( as a fan of his maybe you can tell me if he was mom in each game or only made one contribution ) but there are too many games when he is very average - could have cost the game last night.
To answer your question

Last years MOM poll found Robbie in 4th place behind Josh Scott & Padraig. First 2 were genuine as we all know. :wink:
He obtained 70 votes in total.
Clearly Flynny was deluded playing him first choice in virtually every game.
Anyway answered your question x 2.
Any chance returning the compliment?

Amberarmy wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
County ranger wrote:
Amberarmy wrote:
Countymax wrote:
pembsexile wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:

Total rubbish.

4-0 was it.

Give the guy a break.
Don't forget his wonder goal at Hereford to win the game 3-2. Without that we may still be a non-league club. Credit to Minshull of course in that game too.

Everyone has their opinions. Mine is that Robbie is not Lg2 standard, as simple as that. I've read he gives 100%, sorry I've not seen that often either. Even when he plays in his favoured position on the wing he always looks to pass backwards. Pipey, Jackson, Poole, Sheppard, Collins all have the confidence and ability to beat a man, Robbie bottles it for an easy pass. He'd make an average RB in non league.