JDRF

Good afternoon all.
Firstly I hope the owner and moderators will allow myself to keep this thread on County page as it relates to the recent sponsorship appeal.
JDRF (Junior Diabetic Research Fund).
The above charity missed out on being the main sponsor this year with Alzheimers, a very worthy charity being successfully selected.

My daughter now 48 was diagnosed at the tender age of 18 months. (thankfully things have progressed from those days now)
My beautiful 2 Grand daughters were both diagnosed whilst in Primary school and are coping brilliantly.
I am donating £1 for every minute I run non stop before the end of October.If my longest run is 2 hours then I will donate £120 to the cause.
If any body can chip in for JDRF regardless of how I do it would be brilliant.
My first run today since Corona kicked in was 44 minutes not great but a start.
Please also remember I am 71.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/harps62

Many thanks.

Re: JDRF

Thanks to a very good friend who albeit does not contribute on here but regularly reads all the threads with interest and is a very keen fan.

Cheers mate.

ps Hope to get out on the road tomorrow again.

County Exile many thanks and hope we bump into each other again when things improve.

Tony H. Many thanks mate and likewise see you in the Marquee again hopefully not to far in the distance.

Good afternoon all.
Rather warm for running but got up to 56 minutes today albeit rather stiff (excuse the phrase).
That's another £12 from myself for the charity.
I think the minimum is £2.50 plus 25% for tax relief.
Please if you can forward the price of half a pint or even better a full pint that would be marvellous.
£164 raised so far for a brilliant charity which affects a lot of families for sure.

Thanks for reading this thread.

Cheers

The Wolf wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Good afternoon all.
Firstly I hope the owner and moderators will allow myself to keep this thread on County page as it relates to the recent sponsorship appeal.
JDRF (Junior Diabetic Research Fund).
The above charity missed out on being the main sponsor this year with Alzheimers, a very worthy charity being successfully selected.

My daughter now 48 was diagnosed at the tender age of 18 months. (thankfully things have progressed from those days now)
My beautiful 2 Grand daughters were both diagnosed whilst in Primary school and are coping brilliantly.
I am donating £1 for every minute I run non stop before the end of October.If my longest run is 2 hours then I will donate £120 to the cause.
If any body can chip in for JDRF regardless of how I do it would be brilliant.
My first run today since Corona kicked in was 44 minutes not great but a start.
Please also remember I am 71.

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/harps62

Many thanks.

You should put this link on your facebook account and send it all your friend.
Already done and to County Facebook and to the BOD

Cheers

Have had a nice response and thank you from Miranda Burdett who is the Fundraising manager for Wales.
Also hopefully my request to the BOD has been forwarded.
If anybody can give up the cost of a pint towards this worthy charity it would be marvellous.

Hoping to get out tomorrow and get over the hour.

Anybody know a good downhill all the way run please taking 60 minutes plus. :cheers:

Evening mate,

How about top of Christchurch, follow the road, past Beechwood Park, all the way down crossing Duckpool Road/Fairoak Ave until you come to Caerleon Rd. Follow it up to the Cenotaph, cross Chepstow Rd, past RP and keep going along Corps Rd all the way to Monsanto etc until your hour is up. Downhill or flat all the way. Good luck :cheers:

pembsexile wrote:Evening mate,

How about top of Christchurch, follow the road, past Beechwood Park, all the way down crossing Duckpool Road/Fairoak Ave until you come to Caerleon Rd. Follow it up to the Cenotaph, cross Chepstow Rd, past RP and keep going along Corps Rd all the way to Monsanto etc until your hour is up. Downhill or flat all the way. Good luck :cheers:
Evening mate.
Sure Mrs Nouble would drop me off up there.
Bit of a worry coming down Christchurch Hill though with the knees. :lol:

Thinking about gradually going further up the valley towards Abercarn and then all the way down the canal.
Way over 60 minutes at my pace. :wink:

Cheers Pembs.