Re: Matches off tomorrow due to Covid

There seems to be some inconsistency here. Grimsby's chairman has announced the next three games as being postponed: today, next Saturday and the following Tuesday. Plymouth are going ahead with today's match. Both clubs have apparently had one player tested positive. There is obviously no hard and fast rule. If that is so, could Grimsby just isolate the player and treat it like an injury and utilise their squad to replace him?

George Street-Bridge wrote:Yes, but it sounds like exactly the same applies at Plymouth and they have chosen/been allowed to respond differently.
Thinking again about this, probably Plymouth tested the squad in the light of having played Orient. The one player who tested positive may have shown no symptoms. The Grimsby situation could be different. Perhaps their one player developed symptoms and they are unsure about previous contact with the rest of the squad. Hopefully all the squad have now been tested.

llanwern exile wrote:
pembsexile wrote:By the time he has tested positive he could have infected other people. More testing needs to be done on a regular basis but who pays for it. I see the season being abandoned in a few months.
I would say more like a few weeks mike :cry: :cry:
Possibly mate, but I hope not.

I think the efl need to try and stay ahead of the game. One thing they could do. Make it mandatory for all players to download and use the new NHS COVID 19 app. Tell them as well that they are not allowed to turn Bluetooth off ever.