NEW! 1912 Exiles episode: Top of the League (Oct 25)

Rhys, Martyn and Ed discuss County's barnstorming recent form - three wins in three, all with clean sheets, including a hammering of Bradford at Valley Parade and some cracking strikes from Mickey Demetriou, Podge and our mate Psycho Janneh. We also touch on #ncafc's deadline-day signings, wear and tear of the Rodney Parade pitch and look ahead to games against Colchester, Harrogate and Carlisle.

http://tinyurl.com/1912exiles

As always, please do like and subscribe, leave nice reviews, and follow us on Twitter or Facebook.
Last edited by Kairdiff Exile on October 15th, 2020, 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Updated: new 1912 Exiles episode, "Pretty to watch" (13

Good Morning!

Thanks for the podcast output, I have just belatedly listened to it this morning. It’s great for us Exiles to hear “the locals” voices discussing the County. Also how nice to hear what appear to be well adjusted, reasonably thinking sensible people ! It’s a real antidote to my over indulgence on the message board where everything gets polarised and personal.

Ironically, due to the Coronavirus situation I have probably already watched County play as many times already as I would have done in the whole of a normal season.

It’s great to hear the praise for Matty Dolan, he is officially our family’s favourite player, as he is the only one we have actually met! We bumped into him in a service station car park, holding his new born, and no longer was he a distant footballer in amber, but a normal bloke just like the rest of us!

The part of the podcast I enjoyed most was the crowd chants in the closing credits, that is what we are missing and it was a painful reminder!

Phil in Northampton

Re: Updated: new 1912 Exiles episode, "Pretty to watch" (13

TBH, the biggest barrier to more regular episodes is availability of contributors. For the pod to be interesting, ideally you want at least three people so it's a proper conversation - and of the four regulars, we're all busy with kids / jobs / life so finding a time to record (and then edit) can take a while. We'd certainly be willing to widen the pool of contributors if the right person / people came along!

The other thing I will say is that our download stats suggest we have a good and stable level of listenership - but we'd like to grow it as I think we're only really touching the tip of the iceberg of support. If downloads went up and we continued to get good feedback, we'd probably try to record more regularly! Any help people can give to spread the word would be good, so recommend us to County-supporting friends, give us a plug on social media, follow / share posts on Facebook or Twitter and hopefully we can keep it moving.

Thanks for the positive feedback - much appreciated.

Re: NEW! 1912 Exiles episode: Top of the League (Oct 25)

New episode up; Top of the League! (October 25)

Rhys, Martyn and Ed discuss County's barnstorming recent form - three wins in three, all with clean sheets, including a hammering of Bradford at Valley Parade and some cracking strikes from Mickey Demetriou, Podge and our mate Psycho Janneh. We also touch on #ncafc's deadline-day signings, wear and tear of the Rodney Parade pitch and look ahead to games against Colchester, Harrogate and Carlisle

www.tinyurl.com/1912exiles

I listened to the first 10mins and will continue it later, great effort and a professionally produced talking point, thanks.

Quick question about Janneh's nickname. Just wondered if it's an 'official' nickname which he has adopted? If not, in the current climate and with the work Big Kev is doing in the mental health area, it might be an unfortunate nickname which doesn't sit well with the PC Brigade (of which I'm not one). I know Stuart Pearce had the same nickname years ago but maybe times have moved on?

Thanks for the replies, both.

North London Exile - yup, my mistake! :oops: When we can't attend any games, it's easier to get confused about which are home and which are away!

DP - interesting point. I think anyone's who's heard us discuss Janneh this season will know that the nickname came from a good place (ie, Jack pronouncing his first name that way!) rather than there being any malice behind it. If anyone was troubled by it and got in touch asking us to stop, I think we'd desist as we wouldn't want to upset anyone. But until / unless that happens, I think we'll probably carry on. Does that seem a fair approach?

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Thanks for the replies, both.

North London Exile - yup, my mistake! :oops: When we can't attend any games, it's easier to get confused about which are home and which are away
Almost as unforgivable as Nick Townsend's error and just as rare. Considering unfollowing you on Twitter after that! Seriously, I enjoy the conversations greatly. Phil in Northampton's first para says it all.