Local lockdown rule breakers

Just a question for everyone I've tried Google can't find anything so here goes we couldn't go on holiday this week because we did the right thing and didn't travel to airport because its a non essential journey

But I know of at least two families that have gone to Bristol airport in last fortnight and few on holidays and broken local lockdowns why aren't local police asking Bristol police or airport to stop those in Wales or area's in England

Anyway I can't find one thing on google that people have been fined

And are checks being done on people coming from countries on the blacklist to make sure they are isolating

Re: Local lockdown rule breakers

I know of a couple who travelled to Cyprus from Newport in the last couple of weeks to get married meeting up along the way with over 30 others from all over the country whilst Newport was under lock down, since they have returned they have made no attempt to self isolate, and they wonder why the country is heading for lockdown, unfortunately the world is full of selfless people who don`t give a hoot about anyone else.

flat4 wrote:I know of a couple who travelled to Cyprus from Newport in the last couple of weeks to get married meeting up along the way with over 30 others from all over the country whilst Newport was under lock down, since they have returned they have made no attempt to self isolate, and they wonder why the country is heading for lockdown, unfortunately the world is full of selfless people who don`t give a hoot about anyone else.
It's crazy! People who feel that they have to travel should pay a COVID Tax for £200 each. This could then pay for a test at the receiving airport and random contact during the two week isolation period to ensure that they are actually isolating.

Willthiswork wrote:Why is Cardiff Airport open? No-one should be travelling to or from the county. Oh, perhaps it is because it is Welsh Govt owned? Practice what you preach Mr Drakeford and close the airport. This is coming from someone who thinks that you have done a pretty good job so far too.
Got a feeling that you can go any where if its work related.
As Amsterdam is one of the biggest hubs in Europe clearly the Airport will stay open.
Just my opinion but the fella and his cohorts are totally clueless.
Total over reaction which the majority will totally ignore.
Go to Morrisons from Newport okay.
Go from Risca get fined.
Go to Aldis from Risca okay.
Go to Aldis from Newport get fined.
Mr Covid stops on the border line of course.
Must be half a mile between these 2 stores
Totally nuts.