Watching games on devices

Can anyone help with the following problem?
I thought why watch on my phone/iPad when I’ve got a smart tv. So I went on the web on my LG smart tv.
I bought my match ticket via the county site, live Match link and paid by paypal, so far , so good. Then when I pressed “ watch now “ all I got was a black screen when I kept trying I had a message saying that I was streaming the game on two devices. I gave up and ended up watching on my iPad as usual .
Any ideas what went on there?

Re: Watching games on devices

I think you have discovered why iFollow won't chromecast. I know from my own experience that if you are watching iFollow on a device and then turn on another device the picture disappears from the first one. This is obviously to stop multiple people watching on one match pass. The chromecast hardware that you plug into your tv is a device. So counts as a second device and iFollow shuts down on your phone or tablet and all you are casting
is a blank screen.

G Guest wrote:That makes sense. The firestick counts as only one device. A phone plus a chromecast plugin counts as two and won't work.
Am I being thick? I signed in with my id on the tv itself so isnt that just one device? I signed in on the tv and paid with PayPal via the tv, how is that more than one device? I didn’t use chromecast whatever that is. :?

Sorry, I think that I misunderstood what you had done. My fault. You can watch iFollow either through the iFollow app or through the County's website. I presume that you cannot download the app on your tv. So you can access the internet on your tv and load websites In which case I agree that that is one device. Your tv is acting as a computor when you do this and I do not know why iFollow thinks you are using two devices.

I've just read the advice from the EFL about how to watch iFollow. When all else fails, read the instructions. It says, "iFollow is available across desktop, mobile, tablet, and app, and TV play is not currently supported". So there you have it, it doesn't work on TVs. Obviously HDMI connections will work and a Firestick does not count as a TV it seems.

G Guest wrote:I've just read the advice from the EFL about how to watch iFollow. When all else fails, read the instructions. It says, "iFollow is available across desktop, mobile, tablet, and app, and TV play is not currently supported". So there you have it, it doesn't work on TVs. Obviously HDMI connections will work and a Firestick does not count as a TV it seems.
Thanks , that’s pretty categorical then. Obviously EFL tech don’t like smart TVs, presumably to stop you inviting your mates around ( in non Covid times obviously ). Sitting around an iPad would be a bit claustrophobic unless you were very good friends :lol:

G Guest wrote:I know from my own experience that if you are watching iFollow on a device and then turn on another device the picture disappears from the first one.
As far as I can deduce my experience was the exact opposite. Not that I'm disputing your version of events :-)

While watching on my phone I tried to watch on PC and got a "not authorised" message.

Though stopping the broadcast on my phone did not enable me to watch on PC.