Re: New Striker

It's a contact sport - players get injured and miss games.

Is Harry Kane considered a poor option to buy for the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Barca, Real Madrid etc... because of his injury record?

Was Bale considered a poor option for Real? He has become one of their most decorated players.

My first thought - we don't need a replacement striker. Just need to use the other options and perhaps adapt our playing style around them.

Injuries to Taylor was always a high risk. Need to get Ellison or Podge working in partnership with Abraham's now. Plus other options incl. Janneh and Collins. Also, Twine was signed as a striker and we know he can find the net.

Good shout on McCoulsky though, not featuring for FGR.

Ugo. wrote:Feels like i am only listening to half the conversation.

What injury has he got and is he out for a long period?
https://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport ... abandoned/

To make matters worse for Newport, Flynn revealed striker Ryan Taylor is set for a long spell on the sidelines. “Ryan is injured. He’s done the tendon on his hamstring. It’s not good,” Flynn said.

“I don’t like putting times on things, but it could be between seven and 12 weeks. It’s a massive blow and we’re trying to replace him. We’re trying to find a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.”

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The club or Flynny never learn do they?

Examples
Crofts crocked before signing
Leadbitter likewise
Now Taylor.

How much has that cost the club.
Think the other posters are right when they say we have to take what we can get. Our budget is tiny, so our best hope a lot of the time is taking a punt on cheaper but risky signings. You could argue it’s a false economy, but the other option is to take a punt on totally unproven players or rely on the academy, and the success of that will be hit or miss too

Willthiswork wrote:It's a contact sport - players get injured and miss games.

Is Harry Kane considered a poor option to buy for the likes of Man Utd, Man City, Barca, Real Madrid etc... because of his injury record?

Was Bale considered a poor option for Real? He has become one of their most decorated players.
Nothing to do with that.
These 3 examples were continually crocked for previous clubs.
All well documented
Flynny even stated Leadbitter is always crocked and the fella even told his ex manager but we gave him a 2 year contract.
Madness.

halfmoon wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The club or Flynny never learn do they?

Examples
Crofts crocked before signing
Leadbitter likewise
Now Taylor.

How much has that cost the club.
Think the other posters are right when they say we have to take what we can get. Our budget is tiny, so our best hope a lot of the time is taking a punt on cheaper but risky signings. You could argue it’s a false economy, but the other option is to take a punt on totally unproven players or rely on the academy, and the success of that will be hit or miss too
Or kept Matt.
Doubt if Crofts or Taylor were cheaper options!

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:It's a contact sport - players get injured and miss games.

Nothing to do with that.
These 3 examples were continually crocked for previous clubs.
All well documented
Flynny even stated Leadbitter is always crocked and the fella even told his ex manager but we gave him a 2 year contract.
Madness.
My point still stands - both Kane and Bale have injury records but still are desired.

If we are to sign anyone surely it has to be someone with an aerial presence who can link play high up the pitch, which was supposedly Taylors strength. Have to admit haven't witnessed enough of him to form an opinion.
Hamstring tendons can take a very long time to repair as i'm sure most are aware, however finding a like for like replacement at this stage I assume will be very difficult.