Re: New Striker

ajs wrote:Don't need another striker use Twine, what we do need is 2 midfielders, one attacking and one defensive, this will negate the need to use Wilmott who should be offloaded to free up a wage.
Tend to agree but it is useful to have the option of the long ball out on occasion and it is invariably handy to have somebody who can hold the ball up. Try Howkins in training though perhaps not a good idea as all our defenders will end up injured :? :grin:

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The club or Flynny never learn do they?

Examples
Crofts crocked before signing
Leadbitter likewise
Now Taylor.

How much has that cost the club.
The club have also made some astute signings

Examples
O’Brien Crocked before signing
Demetriou likewise
Sheehan recovering from ACL

I guess it depends on your outlook

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The club or Flynny never learn do they?

Examples
Crofts crocked before signing
Leadbitter likewise
Now Taylor.

How much has that cost the club.
The club have also made some astute signings

Examples
O’Brien Crocked before signing
Demetriou likewise
Sheehan recovering from ACL

I guess it depends on your outlook
Overcast with light rain.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:We took punts on fit ducks .... Waddle and Johnson .... where the flying fuxk did they get us ?

We took punts on proven lame ducks in Mickey and OBrien ... they turned out ok didn’t they ?

No doubt you won’t agree and have a sarcastic answer to boot.
Firstly what a pathetic last sentence clearly looking for confrontation.

Waddle was probably too good for us but it had nothing to do with football for him to move on.

Johnson did nothing and was poor.

Mickey & OB were signed by Westley nothing to do with Flynny and both a lot younger than the 3 I quoted.

Neither were total crocks either, Mickey tough as they come. OB likewise so no comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Cheers

OB spent near enough 2 seasons out with different knee injuries, not to mention his heart trouble, at Derby. And barely played when he left them. Taylor played 20 games last season, OB managed 21 in the 2 seasons before we signed him. If you're going to call Taylor a 'lame duck', then OB qualifies as well.

Injuries happen, hopefully it's closer to the 7 week mark, than the 12 that was quoted.

DT1892 wrote:OB spent near enough 2 seasons out with different knee injuries, not to mention his heart trouble, at Derby. And barely played when he left them. Taylor played 20 games last season, OB managed 21 in the 2 seasons before we signed him. If you're going to call Taylor a 'lame duck', then OB qualifies as well.

Injuries happen, hopefully it's closer to the 7 week mark, than the 12 that was quoted.
Football Forum.
Opinions
Taylor at end of career.
Played 20 Injured 26?
OB much younger and a very sad ending for a legend at RP.
Plymouth fans stated we bought an injury prone player.
Bet he is out more than he plays this season then he retires on a years salary.
Wish him well if that's the case.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:We took punts on fit ducks .... Waddle and Johnson .... where the flying fuxk did they get us ?

We took punts on proven lame ducks in Mickey and OBrien ... they turned out ok didn’t they ?

Waddle was probably too good for us but it had nothing to do with football for him to move on.

Mickey & OB were signed by Westley nothing to do with Flynny and both a lot younger than the 3 I quoted.

Neither were total crocks either, Mickey tough as they come. OB likewise so no comparison.

Sorry to disappoint you.

Cheers
All your theories are based on hindsight ....
The only pathetic clown is you.

If it was as easy and as straight forward as you make out we’d all be managers.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:

Sorry to disappoint you.

Cheers
All your theories are based on hindsight ....
The only pathetic clown is you.

If it was as easy and as straight forward as you make out we’d all be managers.
Seriously what's your problem
I thought you were above play ground insults.
This is a football forum and of course its all about opinions and hindsight.
Do me a big favour and stop throwing silly insults, rather than debate something.

Thank you hopefully.