Re: Illegal streams

Piracy is theft.

However if dad purchased a stream, do we really expect his sons to watch on a different computer? Do you buy two copies of the same newspaper or do you share with your wife?

How about me. I pay full whack when I venture over to Rodney Parade because I can afford to. But as a person of 62 I took the concession at Cambridge 18 months ago.

I don't defend those using illegal streams but to be honest there is bugger all we can do to stop it
And again, when it suits we all do it. And if you have ever borrowed a book to read rather than buying it you have stolen the intellectual property of the author. Come on, which one of you never taped an album of your mates?

Is the problem that people pay for one stream but watch on two devices under the same roof? Can you even do that on a technical level? Or that they watch but pay nothing?

If the sons don't live at the same address as dad, of course they should pay for their own stream. If they do, the basic commercial model is one stream for one tenner.

I don't watch any stream, legal or illegal, because all the feedback on here is that the feed regularly doesn't work and can only be watched on a tiny screen unless you fork out for extra equipment. In contrast, the County get decent coverage on Radio Wales (sometimes live commentary, sometimes updates) for the bargain price or the licence fee, or people can pay £5 a month for an audio feed via iFollow which I can confirm works well.

Improve the product and people might be willing to pay for it. Until then, don't be surprised if they make other choices.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I don't watch any stream, legal or illegal, because all the feedback on here is that the feed regularly doesn't work and can only be watched on a tiny screen unless you fork out for extra equipment. In contrast, the County get decent coverage on Radio Wales (sometimes live commentary, sometimes updates) for the bargain price or the licence fee, or people can pay £5 a month for an audio feed via iFollow which I can confirm works well.

Improve the product and people might be willing to pay for it. Until then, don't be surprised if they make other choices.
Morning Ed not had any issues using the stream at all but only used this season because I normally go to all home games

In fairness fingers crossed all great so far

As on another thread I was given advice use a vpn and as much Internet speed that you can afford

George Street-Bridge wrote:Is the problem that people pay for one stream but watch on two devices under the same roof? Can you even do that on a technical level? Or that they watch but pay nothing?

If the sons don't live at the same address as dad, of course they should pay for their own stream. If they do, the basic commercial model is one stream for one tenner.
George,

If you have never borrowed a book, if you never taped an album, if you never went around a friends house to watch a game your package didn't show then I admire your moral compass and accept you are a better, well certainly more honest, person than me.

However if you did any of the above, get real.

iFollow is supposed to allow only one device per match pass to show a game. In my experience if you turn on a second device the first screen will go blank. So the multiple use of match passes by different people should not be happening.

My experience of using iFollow is that it works well with no interruptions. I suspect that some of the problems complained of are really caused by poor broadband speeds or equipment problems.

It is obvious that iFollow provides a vital revenue stream in these dark days of lockdown and I hope that it is supported legally by supporters as much as possible.

G Guest wrote:iFollow is supposed to only allow only one device per match pass to show a game. In my experience if you turn on a second device the first screen will go blank. So the multiple use of match passes by different people should not be happening.

My experience of using iFollow is that it works well with no interruptions. I suspect that some of the problems complained of are really caused by poor broadband speeds or equipment problems.

It is obvious that iFollow provides a vital revenue stream in these dark days of lockdown and I hope that it is supported legally by supporters as much as possible.
George,

You plug your computer into your tv and the whole family can watch.

Although mine don't.

I think some of the comments miss the point by some margin.
There is nothing in that article about people in the same household watching ifollow together being a problem - because it isn't.
The issue is with people who use illegal sticks/streams to watch ifollow for free. Just look at social media on a match day at the moment - full of links to 'free' streams.
The people who use these dodgy links aren't proper fans in my opinion. I'd give them the motto - County Till I Have To Pay.

Jonesy3 wrote:I think some of the comments miss the point by some margin.
There is nothing in that article about people in the same household watching ifollow together being a problem - because it isn't.
The issue is with people who use illegal sticks/streams to watch ifollow for free. Just look at social media on a match day at the moment - full of links to 'free' streams.
The people who use these dodgy links aren't proper fans in my opinion. I'd give them the motto - County Till I Have To Pay.
Totally agree, and are probably the same “fans” who moan like Fook, when they arent allowed to be first in the queue, for the bigger cup games we’ve had over the last few seasons.

Jonesy3 wrote:I think some of the comments miss the point by some margin.
Absolutely agree - not real fans - it is theft.