Re: 'Project Big Picture'

faerun exile wrote:Plan has been scrapped - rejected by PL clubs at meeting today. Not surprising really. £50m rescue package from PL agreed for L1 and L2 which is welcomed.
Not sure how cash will be dished out. £1.4m for each club in L1 and £0.7m for each club in L2 perhaps? Would go a good way towards covering our match day losses for 20/21 I reckon.
That's a big reduction from the £250 million that was first mooted for EFL clubs.

They can shove up their arses...

wattsville_boy wrote:
faerun exile wrote:Plan has been scrapped - rejected by PL clubs at meeting today. Not surprising really. £50m rescue package from PL agreed for L1 and L2 which is welcomed.
Not sure how cash will be dished out. £1.4m for each club in L1 and £0.7m for each club in L2 perhaps? Would go a good way towards covering our match day losses for 20/21 I reckon.
That's a big reduction from the £250 million that was first mooted for EFL clubs.

They can shove up their arses...
Is it a such big reduction. How much of the £250m was earmarked for the Championship clubs?

Actually, £50m for Divs 3 and 4 is the same as £250m for Divs 2-4 if you look at how it's calculated, which is why that £50m is what's proposed. Had they given the £250m for Divs 2-4, it would have been divided up according to each club's % of TV revenue. Clubs in Div 3 get 13% of the total TV pot for the Football League, clubs in Div 4 get 7%. 20% of £250m = £50m for clubs in the bottom, hence £50m for the bottom two leagues now.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:What I have seen is that the Premier clubs, outside of the big six (and even those other 4 - not Man Utd/Liverpool) are a little sceptical about it. The EFL clubs are generally for it as they know it will save them short-medium term.
On the topic itself and simply my view.

Football is more than a commercial enterprise. It is something which helps bind communities together. We need to look at the best way to build and evolve clubs to be part of the community. Rather than chase success paying more and more money to agents and players perhaps a better approach would be to accept that football should begin and end with having fun.
Agree!