Re: Illegal streams

Papski2 wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Nobody is saying it's acceptable. What I am though saying is perhaps this is chickens coming home to roost. Anyone who has ever downloaded or taped an album without paying, or watched a film via a dubious website is guilty of exactly the same piracy as they/we are complaining about.

Intellectual property theft doesn't feel like theft until you're the victim. That may be uncomfortable for many, doesn't alter the fact is that it is true.
I hear you but don't feel you.

Bottom line. If 200 people do this for the season at a cost of roughly £60k to the club.. I don't want to hear one of them complain we didn't sign a striker or we can't afford to sack Flynn.

We get what we pay for.

A tape recording of the top 40 will never sound as good as the vinyl.

And the team funded by illegal streaming will not be as good either.

I pay for my music piracy sins with an increase in gig ticket prices. Will we accept the same in football at our level for match tickets.
Let's follow that through. Could not a person argue a video will never be as good as a live game but I pay for my football piracy sins with an increase in my match ticket price?

Mrs E at least will be grateful you're not feeling me. :grin:

A person can argue all they want. As long as they don't complain when the price goes up and/or do not buy said tickets.

When I download Little Mix's latest album for free, the sound quality might be not as crisp but the quality of what was produced was not affected as it was created prior to my download. It may affect the next album or there may not be a next album due to poor sales due to all the illegal download.

I'll have to live with no more Little Mix.

When someone streams County games for free, the quality of the product on the pitch is directly affected by this decision. It will also affect next seasons product or maybe there will be no next season for the club

We'll all have to live with no more County.

I've seen a load of reasons why people do not join the trust or contribute in certain ways and I can understand them.

What I can't understand is it has never been as cheap or as easily accessible to watch this club play football, the absolute core reason we are all here as much as we all love the politics or the day out, and there are people justifying reasons to NOT support this club during one of the biggest issues any club has ever faced.

I don't think either of us is wrong. I just don't want to hear these people complain if things go south.

Papski2 wrote:A person can argue all they want. As long as they don't complain when the price goes up and/or do not buy said tickets.

When I download Little Mix's latest album for free, the sound quality might be not as crisp but the quality of what was produced was not affected as it was created prior to my download. It may affect the next album or there may not be a next album due to poor sales due to all the illegal download.

When someone streams County games for free, the quality of the product on the pitch is directly affected by this decision. It will also affect next seasons product or maybe there will be no next season for the club

I've seen a load of reasons why people do not join the trust or contribute in certain ways and I can understand them.

What I can't understand is it has never been as cheap or as easily accessible to watch this club play football, the absolute core reason we are all here as much as we all love the politics or the day out, and there are people justifying reasons to NOT support this club during one of the biggest issues any club has ever faced.

I don't think either of us is wrong. I just don't want to hear these people complain if things go south.
Follow through the logic.

In my life I have two passions. Newport County and the band Little Mix.

Little Mix are playing locally and I would like to go and see them. But they've put the price of a ticket up to counter piracy. So because I have a limited income I have a choice. Go see little Mix or go see County.

I choose Little Mix. County lose out.

[quote="Papski2"]A person can argue all they want. As long as they don't complain when the price goes up and/or do not buy said tickets.

I don't think either of us is wrong. I just don't want to hear these people complain if things go south.[/quote

Couldn’t agree more.]

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Follow through the logic.

In my life I have two passions. Newport County and the band Little Mix.

Little Mix are playing locally and I would like to go and see them. But they've put the price of a ticket up to counter piracy. So because I have a limited income I have a choice. Go see little Mix or go see County.

I choose Little Mix. County lose out.
You're not wrong. People can do as they please.

But when they're sat around at 3pm on a Saturday afternoon wondering why they have nothing to do because County are in the Dr Martin's South Division 4.. I hope they put on their favourite album and are content with their choices.

You might have more luck on a Little Mix forum.