Re: Proctor & Lewis

County ranger wrote:Good news is with signings is that we clearly have lots of money to waste so no need for fans to worry.

I suspect we will see very little of them the Board really need to control Flynn.
Surely loanees 'til jan aren't that expensive and are intended primarily as cover for injuries to Taylor, Howkins and Collins. With 2 games a week for the next 4 weeks can you be so sure we will see very little of them?

My guess is that he's looking at the option of playing Shepherd as a right-sided midfielder in a 4-4-2 type formation, in which case he'd need either Baker or Lewis as the right-back.

Another possibility is to convert one of them to a defensive midfielder within the current 3-5-2 to allow Sheehan to play further forward and/or to cover for Labadie's inevitable ban period(s).

Proctor I'm guessing is going to be a target man type striker - a direct swap for Taylor while he's injured.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
County ranger wrote:Good news is with signings is that we clearly have lots of money to waste so no need for fans to worry.

I suspect we will see very little of them the Board really need to control Flynn.
Surely loanees 'til jan aren't that expensive and are intended primarily as cover for injuries to Taylor, Howkins and Collins. With 2 games a week for the next 4 weeks can you be so sure we will see very little of them?
Three extra wages to meet even if not 100% owing to loan arrangements is still more money going out with no more coming in - sooner or later football will get real in terms of running a business - the obsession with large squads just in case of injury or for multiple team tactics will end in going bust.
It suggests that there is absolutely no confidence in the academy / youngsters.

County ranger wrote:Three extra wages to meet even if not 100% owing to loan arrangements is still more money going out with no more coming in - sooner or later football will get real in terms of running a business - the obsession with large squads just in case of injury or for multiple team tactics will end in going bust.
It suggests that there is absolutely no confidence in the academy / youngsters.
That might have been the case in previous seasons, but there is now a salary cap in place, so Flynny can't just sign players for the sake of it even if he wanted to.

llanwern exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
mad norm wrote:I thought the thread was about soap powders :bounce:
Bit of a gamble this signing. :grin:
:grin: :grin: :grin:
Isee what you done there! even if nobody else did.
I am outraged. Given his view on gambling stated on here, well, really. This site needs a thorough clean.