Re: Watching games on devices

Has anyone mirrored/cast/whatever the expression is their iPhone image onto their telly in order to watch iFollow live coverage? Damn, I've tried, but it's simply beyond me. Nothing actually goes wrong. It just doesn't work.

Answers including phrases such as "look on the web" will result in me breaking lockdown and smearing shyte on your exterior door handles.

That is my belief. iFollow is programmed not to work on TVs or on more than one device at a time. But I do not think it is able to detect the presence of a TV which is connected to a computer by cable. It only knows about the computer and allows the broadcast to continue. You may be able to control the volume through the TV controls I'm not sure. But basically you control everything through the computer, not the tv.

G Guest wrote:That is my belief. iFollow is programmed not to work on TVs or on more than one device at a time. But I do not think it is able to detect the presence of a TV which is connected to a computer by cable. It only knows about the computer and allows the broadcast to continue. You may be able to control the volume through the TV controls I'm not sure. But basically you control everything through the computer, not the tv.
The above is correct. I take the HDMI cable out of the TV box and plug it into the laptop. The TV acts as an additional monitor and I can sit on a settee and jump up and down as I like. I mute the laptop and have the sound through speakers linked to the TV.

bedeck wrote:-
Watched my first game today on I follow on my laptop. It was dreadful to watch, kept sticking and catching up. My laptop is 12 years old so could be that, however if it's not I who've watching another one.
Think it could be either your laptop or the internet connection. I watched today's match on my Windows 10 PC with 24 inch screen and Virgin broadband connection and the picture quality was fine with no breaks or buffering.

County Exile wrote:bedeck wrote:-
Watched my first game today on I follow on my laptop. It was dreadful to watch, kept sticking and catching up. My laptop is 12 years old so could be that, however if it's not I who've watching another one.
Think it could be either your laptop or the internet connection. I watched today's match on my Windows 10 PC with 24 inch screen and Virgin broadband connection and the picture quality was fine with no breaks or buffering.
Same here Rob excellent quality but thought camera man wasn't very good he was more interested in showing the forth official board rather than watching play :shock:

County Exile wrote:bedeck wrote:-
Thanks again Exile.
Perfect view throughout albeit spoilt when the commentary kicked in.
The fella is hopeless said we were playing Cambridge and taking the piss out of Townsends jersey as he thought it was camouflaged against the grass.
Somebody needs to tell him how to pronounce Mickeys surname also.
Albeit will get every game in future now.