Re: Grandstand - Exiles v Tranmere

Whilst we we solid enough at the back we did give away some silly free kicks outside the box in the last 20-15mins.
Luckily enough Tranmere weren't up to it to score otherwise we really would be moaning.
We seam to be creating more chances this season but still can't finish off a side.
Never mind, lets all be positive with another win and 3 points, that's the main thing.
Keep up the good start to the season lads.

I think we have missed Taylor for his ability to bring players into play and hold the ball as a target,the layoff which created the second goal at Bolton was a fine example.Neither Abrahams or Janneh can do that,in fact they both try to avoid heading the ball,this will be a problem for us if they play together.Proctor isn’t a goal scorer it seems but,as he has played a couple of hundred games,he must be a decent target man so may play to give the team a better shape.If we play Abrahams and Janneh together,we might have to change the style,like when Jolley and AOC played in the Conference.Neither was a old fashioned centre forward,both received the ball to feet and used their pace running the channels.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Like a pre season friendly.
No passion at all.
Tranmere woeful not a single shot on goal.
We were very comfortable throughout but poor entertainment.
Far to lightweight up front with both similar styles albeit thought Janneh better of the 2.
Nobody apart from Matty stood out.
Shone above everybody else.
Anyway its 3 points but if we are staying up the top got to be 100% improvement.
Far too relaxed throughout.

Townsend 6 Nothing to do all game.
Cooper 6 No probs
Dolan 8 MOM class
Mickey 7 No probs
Sheppard 7 Decent game
Josh 7 Cool but wish he would push on more.
Haynes 6 Not the player of 12 months ago though.
Twine 7 Will be gone January
Abrahams 5 Not in the game again
Janneh 7 For the goal but little else
Labs 7 Thought okay today.

Got to get some fire power up front.
No idea where from though.
Oh, you watched today for a change?

Not sure I've seen many 'friendlies' with that much aggression.
Yes I did albeit none of your business.
Great to see the lads albeit a poor game apart from the "aggression" it was as I said like a pre season friendly with very little impact throughout.
Doubt if we would score again in another 90 minutes.
Tranmere certainly wouldn't.
Anyway its not a case of watching for a change.
'm 71 not into technology but I had a bash today and it worked so will be watching from now on.
Stick to moderating rather than sarcasm please.
Since the MoM thread arguments last season you have acted like a spoilt child. You should be more mature and not get 'rather annoyed' at other people's opinions.

You also moan at Jim's charity posts and then do one yourself - hypocrite!
FFS when have I moaned at Jim's charity work.
Please show me where.
If that's true will be 100% happy to apologise.
Please get that chip off your shoulder.
The fella did a brilliant job for his walk.
I have been knackered myself and had more serious problems on my plate otherwise I would still be bashing away at my own charity.
Hopefully I can still get a longer run in before end of month.
Last years MOM was a total joke assisted by yourself.
Well out of it now.
Get that run in Frank - good luck with it.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
No passion at all.
Far to lightweight up front with both similar styles albeit thought Janneh better of the 2.
Anyway its 3 points but if we are staying up the top got to be 100% improvement.

Cooper 6 No probs
Dolan 8 MOM class
Mickey 7 No probs
Sheppard 7 Decent game

Great to see the lads albeit a poor game apart from the "aggression" it was as I said like a pre season friendly with very little impact throughout.
'm 71 not into technology but I had a bash today and it worked so will be watching from now on.
Since the MoM thread arguments last season you have acted like a spoilt child. You should be more mature and not get 'rather annoyed' at other people's opinions.

Please show me where.
I have been knackered myself and had more serious problems on my plate otherwise I would still be bashing away at my own charity.
Well out of it now.

County ranger wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
No passion at all.

Cooper 6 No probs
Dolan 8 MOM class
Mickey 7 No probs
Sheppard 7 Decent game

Please show me where.
Well out of it now.
Very much appreciate your comment.

Cheers

George Street-Bridge wrote:Watching the video, I think the one they cleared off the line in the second half went in. Two-nil would have been fair.
Agree with that, although disappointed we didn't push on and score more after Tranmere were down to 10 men,
I didn't see a lack of passion or zest from midfield however, more a case that Tranmere competed well and for a large part nullified us there. Whilst Janneh and Abrahams energy and workrate was commendable thought we lacked someone who could win aeriel battles and link play up top. As for Tranmere not looking like scoring. think we need to commend our defensive display, rather than saying they were poor. They did score twice at Salford last week afterall.

Looking at the league table, we are obviously doing something right. The table is good to see. I hope we stay there and challenge.

The bit that concerns me is the goal difference we have. Only once this season have we won by more than one goal (Bolton away). I’d like us to put teams to the sword when we have the advantage. Waiting for the final whistle when we are only one goal ahead isn’t healthy :grin:

I think we will get a clearer picture of how the season will pan out this time next week. Two away games to come. Cmon the County.

the lack of goals last season was a serious problem, no more than 2 in any league game I believe?
Hoof ball and Amond sadly deteriorating as a threat and not suiting Jamma.
This year the build up on the ground football is great to watch but sadly imo we have nobody up front in the squad who can take advantage of this.
Sheppards crosses are pointless albeit very good if nobody can take advantage of them, although Haynes has gone backwards in creating danger from the left side.
Only possibility is Twines long range shots but we need far more.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Second in the table and record progress in the EFL Cup says we are doing something well.

Never mind, Harps, with a bit of luck we'll start to slip and you can whine about that instead.
How truly sad you are.
Try reading what I am saying.
Some thoughts for you to digest GSB :roll:
Delightful football.
Great keeper.
No problems in defence.
All excellant.
Matty sensational.
Sheehan, Twine and to a lesser extent Labs superb.

Up front the big problem continues.
Whine not Twine over.
Total cloud covering outside today I see.

Nice for litter picking maybe or hopefully a build up run again.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:the lack of goals last season was a serious problem, no more than 2 in any league game I believe?
This year the build up on the ground football is great to watch but sadly imo we have nobody up front in the squad who can take advantage of this.
Sheppards crosses are pointless albeit very good if nobody can take advantage of them, although Haynes has gone backwards in creating danger from the left side.
A good assessment Mr Nouble 3. We are doing very well until we get into the opposition's penalty area. We only score from opposition's mistakes (like yesterday) or from long shots. If we can improve in front of goal we'll have a great season, otherwise I see us gradually slipping down the table, but it's still amazing how well we are doing considering where we were when Mike Flynn took over.

Blackandamber wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:the lack of goals last season was a serious problem, no more than 2 in any league game I believe?
A good assessment Mr Nouble 3. We are doing very well until we get into the opposition's penalty area. We only score from opposition's mistakes (like yesterday) or from long shots. If we can improve in front of goal we'll have a great season, otherwise I see us gradually slipping down the table, but it's still amazing how well we are doing considering where we were when Mike Flynn took over.
I almost see a consensus here. Agree with you both. Await with interest to see if Proctor gets some game time this week and if he can add something different up front.