Re: EFL Petition

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:I received a email on Thursday telling me that allowing crowds back at sports fixtures would be debated on November 9 in Parliament.I haven’t mentioned it because with the threat of lockdowns likely,it seemed unlikely that the petition would win and with todays developments,in Wales with other regions likely to do the same,it should now be postponed as the debate could only have one outcome.
The debate has been called for and why not let the arguments be put? I don't want your views to be utterly destroyed because I have any anamos towards you and I certainly don't want to win this argument just to win an argument.

If I right and I believe I am, many thousands of people in the UK are about to die needlessly because of a populist view that going for a drink or going to a football match or a concert or whatever is somehow either more important or an economic necessity than saving their lives.

I appreciate that this causes pain but a short term sacrifice can be recovered from, being dead is final. Unfortunately without debate too many people will be taken in by such dangerous fools as the Barrington Group. Be under no illusion Percy, the views you hold will, if put into practice, kill people. I make no apology for wanting crush and utterly obliterate those views.
For once Brendan I totally agree with you, apart from the last four words in the first sentence of your final paragraph above. How do you delete your name from a petition?

Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: utterly obliterate those views.
For once Brendan I totally agree with you, apart from the last four words in the first sentence of your final paragraph above. How do you delete your name from a petition?
It's not the people I want to obliterate it is the view that they hold on this subject. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote: utterly obliterate those views.
It's not the people I want to obliterate it is the view that they hold on this subject. :grin:
I was referring to the first sentence not the last.

I anticipate whatever motion is put forward will be given the least parliamentary time allocation possible and confined to the scrap heap. Momentum towards having fans in stadiums was proceeding quite well with a few test events, but that was inevitably halted with the rise in infection rates. There has been no positive change in the numbers. I was looking forward, and planning travel to Saturday matches but the lessening of cases started to reverse about the time this petition was put forward. Not putting my name to it was an easy decision.

Percy plunkett wrote:Just checked,126,000+ have signed the petition so far.As for Trump,he actually talked sense today,he said “Don’t let Covid rule your life”.Obviously,Brendan is going to hide himself away wearing his mask and wait for the Mercury Covid1984 vaccine to arrive.There are 17000 winter flu deaths every year in England yet never has there been a lockdown.
Yeah. :shock: