Face in the Crowd

Good Afternoon

Apologies if I have missed some information somewhere... a while back I sent some money to be part of the face in the crowd initiative.

I don’t recall this actually coming to fruition, vaguely recall someone saying it was under subscribed.

I haven’t checked if I have had a refund to be fair.

I was wondering if anyone has any information?

Phil in Northampton

Re: Face in the Crowd

Good Afternoon

I’m not short of the £25, however I feel it good manners to acknowledge they have it, and haven’t done what they said they would do.

It might affect future donations if people read the sales pitch, donate in good faith and are left in the dark regarding any, or lack of any progress.

Maybe it’s an old fashioned view!

Phil in Northampton

A bit shocked by this Phil.
Is there no dialogue from the board or Commercial dept.
Regardless of the sum of £25 being involved here.
Think Kevin Ward is the man for this to sort as I believe it was his idea.
Maybe PM him if still on here or mail the club.

In my last communication with the club on this matter I was told that there had been little ‘take up’ and it wasn’t economically viable as it costs to get the banners made. At that stage they weren’t considering placards as I had hoped but were considering a banner with all the paying supporters photographs emboldened on it. Haven’t heard anything since. Maybe one for the future.

pembsexile wrote:In my last communication with the club on this matter I was told that there had been little ‘take up’ and it wasn’t economically viable as it costs to get the banners made. At that stage they weren’t considering placards as I had hoped but were considering a banner with all the paying supporters photographs emboldened on it. Haven’t heard anything since. Maybe one for the future.
Regardless of our superb start to the season this really is diabolical.
Its as if they think supporters will just part with hard earned cash regardless.
Hopefully Kevin or Colin who do read this board will pick up on this and get early doors this week an announcement.
£25 returned to all if required or what the amount will be spent on, hopefully something to represent not just a few bob from those that donated.
Flynny flying
The BOD and Commercial Dept lagging at the rear.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
pembsexile wrote:In my last communication with the club on this matter I was told that there had been little ‘take up’ and it wasn’t economically viable as it costs to get the banners made. At that stage they weren’t considering placards as I had hoped but were considering a banner with all the paying supporters photographs emboldened on it. Haven’t heard anything since. Maybe one for the future.
Its as if they think supporters will just part with hard earned cash regardless.
Hopefully Kevin or Colin who do read this board will pick up on this and get early doors this week an announcement.
£25 returned to all if required or what the amount will be spent on, hopefully something to represent not just a few bob from those that donated.
Flynny flying
Frank, I'll be interested to hear of the response when you ask after your £25.

excessbee wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Flynny flying
Response?

Just doesn't happen does it.

Frank, I'll be interested to hear of the response when you ask after your £25.
Not that daft to part with £25.
Pembs idea was far superior.
£25 for a face on a banner which nobody would ever be able to pick out was just nuts.
If they are so desperate for cash just ask rather than all these daft ideas like the shirt sponsorship nonsense.
Anyway than goodness we have something to cheer about on the pitch.
If we are skint just state the fact.
Not that we are

Something I failed to take into consideration when we were discussing cutouts back in the summer was how much more weatherproof they'd need to be by the time our season was on the road than a banner would be. That's on top of much more volunteer effort needed to set up and store, at a time when volunteer access to the ground is probably very limited.

Good Evening

Finally! E-mail arrived earlier today....

Good Afternoon,

In preparation for our Home fixture against Port Vale on 21st November, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support.

The Banner will be display for the Port Vale fixture and we look forward to seeing your image present at Rodney Parade!

Kind Regards,

Newport County AFC

Phil in Northampton

Good news there Phil that you and others will be on a banner.I forgot about it so i’m not on it.I agree that the club are a bit slow with telling us what is happening.I splashed out £540 to sponsor player kits,and I found out that there is no sponsors page in the programme so everyone who sponsored kits get no recognition at all.

Percy plunkett wrote:Good news there Phil that you and others will be on a banner.I forgot about it so i’m not on it.I agree that the club are a bit slow with telling us what is happening.I splashed out £540 to sponsor player kits,and I found out that there is no sponsors page in the programme so everyone who sponsored kits get no recognition at all.
This could be included on the player profiles on the website and/or daily player photos on twitter/facebook?

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening

Finally! E-mail arrived earlier today....

Good Afternoon,

In preparation for our Home fixture against Port Vale on 21st November, we would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your ongoing support.

The Banner will be display for the Port Vale fixture and we look forward to seeing your image present at Rodney Parade!

Kind Regards,

Newport County AFC

Phil in Northampton
Hi Phil,

That is excellent news that the club are getting the banner ready for the Port Vale fixture.

Did you have to contact the club again? I have been on the club site this morning to buy some merchandise etc. Logged on and did the purchase etc but I cannot find the link now to get to the banner application page. It was there previously.

I did have this problem some time ago logging on, but that appears sorted now but still can’t find the link. Any ideas? Actually may not be a bad idea that my photo doesn’t get in, it’s not very pleasing on the eye!