Wrexham takeover

See it's got through. Wrexham fans wetting themselves with excitement but really 2 million will that be enough. Seriously think they will need to spend big a to pay off management and b get new better players. Only time will tell but would you be happy if they took county over? I'm not so sure about them, just think it's a publicity stunt myself.

Re: Wrexham takeover

Exile 1976 wrote:Reading and listening to my Wrexham supporting mate talk about it, I have to say it sounds excellent for the club.
I agree, I'd think that if the opportunity had come our way, we as Trust members would have voted overwhelmingly in favour as they did.

Seeing the recent footage of The Racecourse stadium also shows how big their ground is - with two huge terraces that are ripe for redevelopment if their plans are successful.

I think their condemned terrace behind the goal, which has been out of use for how long, twelve/fifteen years? is no longer repairable and would have to be demolished and replaced. That alone would take up all of the suggested take over money. It won't be an instant priority. The Racecourse has ample capacity for League football as a three sided ground.

Willthiswork wrote:
whoareya wrote: Seeing the recent footage of The Racecourse stadium also shows how big their ground is - with two huge terraces that are ripe for redevelopment if their plans are successful.
It's not their ground tho' is it - it's just on lease to them?
As good as with a 99 year lease in place.

I think clubs are mad to give up fan ownership once they’ve achieved it. It carries far more risk than reward. I’d see the same if we were in that position. I’m surprised they’ve gotten so starstruck - the level of giddiness on social media about it is a bit naive