Re: Twine and Sheehan

Unfortunately even though he has played for his Country he ( Sheehan) doesn't have a cap and is still eligible to play for another country if he is eligible to do so. Friendlies don't count as caps.
That unfortunately would effect his sell on value as he isn't a ' Full International'

neilcork68 wrote:Unfortunately even though he has played for his Country he ( Sheehan) doesn't have a cap and is still eligible to play for another country if he is eligible to do so. Friendlies don't count as caps.
That unfortunately would effect his sell on value as he isn't a ' Full International'
It counts as caps but to be a fully fledged international you have to have played a competitive international

daftasfxxx wrote:Friendlies do count as caps just not as cap tied and still eligible to play for another country

Without knowing the details of Sheehan's contract we don't know whether 'competitive' international is specified. What we do know is that when it comes to negotiating contracts the PFA know how to negotiate in the players best interest. If a club wishes Sheehan's services there is a price they are willing to pay. How that fee is divided up between Sheehan and Newport County is of no concern to them.

The awarding of caps is something that died out some years ago although the term is still used.Josh has played for Wales,no one can take that away from him,try telling Pipey that he never played for Wales.The fact that it was a friendly means that he could still play for another country if the chance arose.Chris Günter has still played 99 times for his country whether you call it caps or otherwise.If he plays again,it will still be technically his hundredth cap,he may not possess a single Wales cap but,100 caps / appearances he will have.

Percy plunkett wrote:The awarding of caps is something that died out some years ago although the term is still used.Josh has played for Wales,no one can take that away from him,try telling Pipey that he never played for Wales.The fact that it was a friendly means that he could still play for another country if the chance arose.Chris Günter has still played 99 times for his country whether you call it caps or otherwise.If he plays again,it will still be technically his hundredth cap,he may not possess a single Wales cap but,100 caps / appearances he will have.
Percy,

Hi again. England still give caps for each international appearance. Wales never did. It was one cap per season with the initial letter of each opposition team sewn in. Are you sure you are correct or is it just your belief that Wales no longer give any caps?

It is usually worth checking factual matters. For instance everyone knows that Mo Johnston was the first Catholic to play for Glasgow Rangers. That's true. Nobody knows who was the first Protestant to play for Celtic. The reason for that is that whilst everyone believes Celtic had a policy of not signing Protestants and Rangers not signing Catholics that belief is incorrect. No Celtic side in the history of the club has ever taken to the pitch with 11 Catholics. Hughie Gallacher, Celtic's favourite son of the 1930's was in fact the son of a Belfast Orangeman. Myths get started because people publish their beliefs as fact.

I've tried checking, and I can't find whether Wales award caps or not.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:The awarding of caps is something that died out some years ago although the term is still used.Josh has played for Wales,no one can take that away from him,try telling Pipey that he never played for Wales.The fact that it was a friendly means that he could still play for another country if the chance arose.Chris Günter has still played 99 times for his country whether you call it caps or otherwise.If he plays again,it will still be technically his hundredth cap,he may not possess a single Wales cap but,100 caps / appearances he will have.
Percy,

Hi again. England still give caps for each international appearance. Wales never did. It was one cap per season with the initial letter of each opposition team sewn in. Are you sure you are correct or is it just your belief that Wales no longer give any caps?

It is usually worth checking factual matters. For instance everyone knows that Mo Johnston was the first Catholic to play for Glasgow Rangers. That's true. Nobody knows who was the first Protestant to play for Celtic. The reason for that is that whilst everyone believes Celtic had a policy of not signing Protestants and Rangers not signing Catholics that belief is incorrect. No Celtic side in the history of the club has ever taken to the pitch with 11 Catholics. Hughie Gallacher, Celtic's favourite son of the 1930's was in fact the son of a Belfast Orangeman. Myths get started because people publish their beliefs as fact.

Nuanced bigotry is a peculiar analogy to offer in relation to the awarding of international caps

whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy,

Nuanced bigotry is a peculiar analogy to offer in relation to the awarding of international caps
The point I am making is that believing something does not make it true. Hence the last sentence: 'Myths get started because people publish their beliefs as fact'.

Now it is my belief that you are reasonably well educated and not without intelligence. You write too well for it to be otherwise. My belief is that you dislike my views. Which is fine. My belief is y that you make the mistake of allowing your dislike of my views to spill over into a personal antipathy. And as a consequence post without thinking. Which is why your arguments are incoherent.

But that is only my belief. It is possible that you are an idiot with a software program which whilst able to correct you English can do sweet bugger all for your powers of logic. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy,

The point I am making is that believing something does not make it true. Hence the last sentence: 'Myths get started because people publish their beliefs as fact'.

Now it is my belief that you are reasonably well educated and not without intelligence. You write too well for it to be otherwise. My belief is that you dislike my views. Which is fine. My belief is y that you make the mistake of allowing your dislike of my views to spill over into a personal antipathy. And as a consequence post without thinking. Which is why your arguments are incoherent.

But that is only my belief. It is possible that you are an idiot with a software program which whilst able to correct you English can do sweet bugger all for your powers of logic. :grin:
More insults then?

Perhaps you should just publish the scripts you have written for every thread you crash on to, that way other posters would all know what the ending is, so they can then decide early on if it's worth the effort...

You could even add an epilogue to summarise the way your plot panned out.......

whoareya wrote:
Try reading the 'Covid elderly should avoid large crowds' thread. Notice about page 9 I write that that which I had written on page 1 was wrong.

You see when the facts change, or when people put better arguments, I change my mind. I am not the Pope, I am not infallible. I am often wrong.

When I'm wrong I say so. What do you do?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
whoareya wrote:
Try reading the 'Covid elderly should avoid large crowds' thread. Notice about page 9 I write that that which I had written on page 1 was wrong.

You see when the facts change, or when people put better arguments, I change my mind. I am not the Pope, I am not infallible. I am often wrong.

When I'm wrong I say so. What do you do?

When I'm wrong I say so. I am wrong enough times not to remember specific thread page references to bolster faux humility.

You were wrong about the cost of policing inside a stadium.

Not a peep.

You see, facts don't change, they get superseded by new facts.