Match Day Zoom Call

Saw this onTwitter:

Whilst supporters are unable to attend matches, we want to bring you together virtually.

We are giving season ticket holders the opportunity to be part of our matchday Zoom call with fellow supporters.

Interested in joining on Saturday? Let us know below.

#OneClubOneCounty

Re: Match Day Zoom Call

Hello , I have never used BBC i Player, but I hope to asap, I also see that you are mentioning Zoom , Ii am in a organization who say that we will be available for a Zoom meetings shortly I know that this is a football forum, I would be very interested in the IPlayerr and its coverage of County matches if any-- I would also be grateful for any info that you can give on either subject ie how to set up or whatever the word is, on iPlayer and Zoom Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett

BertieB wrote:Hello , I have never used BBC i Player, but I hope to asap, I also see that you are mentioning Zoom , Ii am in a organization who say that we will be available for a Zoom meetings shortly I know that this is a football forum, I would be very interested in the IPlayerr and its coverage of County matches if any-- I would also be grateful for any info that you can give on either subject ie how to set up or whatever the word is, on iPlayer and Zoom Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett
iFollow
As already indicated, you've confused iPlayer (BBC) with iFollow. There are lots of posts hereabouts regarding iFollow. Or you can view the NCAFC iFollow page for package details.

Zoom
People with a Zoom account (in this case NCAFC) schedule a meeting. They issue a meeting code and a password and/or a weblink via email, WhatsApp, or whatever, to you.

There are two ways to join a Zoom meeting:
(1) from a Zoom client (i.e. program/app/software) installed on your computer, where you enter the meeting code and then the password and then hang around in the "waiting room" until the meeting holder is ready;
(2) through any compatible web browser (Edge, Safari, Chrome, Vivaldi, Firefox, Opera, ...) using the link supplied in your email (etc.) notification.

I've never joined a Zoom meeting from a weblink, but I presume it's a similar process to using the Zoom client.

You download the Zoom web client. It's free; just Google it or follow this link to Zoom Client for Meetings (or further down the page for Zoom Extension for Browsers).

And don't pay for access when setting up a Zoom account. There's no need. It's the person/company generating the meeting that does that, or in limited cases/time can be done for free.

You will need a laptop equipped with a webcam and some sort of microphone (many laptops come with them already installed) or a PC/Mac with a webcam and microphone set up.

Bob you can watch all County games on iFollow for £10 per match. You need to go on newport-county.co.uk. Select iFollow then next match then follow the instructions. You can pay with a bank card or through PayPal if you have an account set up. If you have a fairly recent PC, laptop or tablet etc it should work ok.

For Zoom you need to start by installing the Zoom app. If someone else is organising the Zoom meeting you need a code from the organiser.

Hope this helps Bob. If not there are more experts than me on the message board.

I sat and watched Final Score and had settled for a no score draw, as it was injury time 0-0 when suddenly Newport County 1 up and guess who scored that "lovely boy"--our old friend detestable Kevin Ellison !!!! absollutely Bloody Marvalous !!! after all the times he has used his efforts to spoil our afternoon ----I'll buy the lovely man a pint-----Thank You Kev!!!
Come on the Port !! Bob Bassett

I sat and watched Final Score and had settled for a no score draw, as it was injury time 0-0 when suddenly Newport County 1 up and guess who scored that "lovely boy"--our old friend detestable Kevin Ellison !!!! absollutely Bloody Marvalous !!! after all the times he has used his efforts to spoil our afternoon ----I'll buy the lovely man a pint-----Thank You Kev!!!

BertieB wrote:I sat and watched Final Score and had settled for a no score draw, as it was injury time 0-0 when suddenly Newport County 1 up and guess who scored that "lovely boy"--our old friend detestable Kevin Ellison !!!! absollutely Bloody Marvalous !!! after all the times he has used his efforts to spoil our afternoon ----I'll buy the lovely man a pint-----Thank You Kev!!!
The saddest part about it is that the fans weren’t there. Can you imagine the pandemonium that would have broken out at Dave if they had been there? He would have lapped it up.