Re: £15 Harps Neil UpthePort Myself

This is weird, this.

During the FGR match, when Frank responded to the equaliser with "what a shame" I immediately thought he was being sarcastic.

When I read it back now it looks an innocent expression of disappointment.

I reckon there must be a bit of weird science going on in the human brain when your team concede an equalising goal after having missed several chances to build their lead.

wattsville_boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I don't recall when Corky was getting lots of grief on here that we had loads of posters offering support to him. My personal view is that Harps shouldn't reply to those baiting him - let it go - you're not going to change their minds on you and the constant sniping back and forth is just boring.

I don't think you help yourself with your polar opposite views on everything - it's all either sh1t or terrific, so players will either get a 3 or an 8 when rated by you.

I'm not a fan of Harps because I find his views so predictable and often seem knee-jerk, but I tend to skirt over most of his posts because of this. Perhaps those that are so annoyed by him should try doing the same...
Had to chuckle reading this post.
Your second paragraph.
Players will get either a 3 or an 8.
Guess what nobody got a 3 Saturday and surprise surprise nobody got an 8.
So predictable you state.
Again why be annoyed.
Clearly what you just suggested is actually not correct.
That unfortunately has always been the problem.
An easy target for a few sadly.
3 or an 8 was obviously a generalisation. I'm not sad enough to actually go through all the crap you write to log your actual scores when you insist on foisting them on us. But neither would I have been petty enough to run a MOTM poll and fail to register any votes that I felt were not made sincerely. Try and deny that.
This is where the problem lies.
I am not foisting or insisting anything here.
Its just my opinion.
You do not need to read them let alone insult me.
Again you are sorry to say clueless regarding MOTM as a few contributors set out to wreck it.
They are still doing that albeit I couldn't care less anymore.
1 poster no longer on here had at least 6 different Usernames maybe more and posted 6 votes one after another all for the same player who had been on the pitch for 5 minutes.
"Sincerely" you state well that has made me smile.
Please do not read my reports on each match and likewise do not comment either on any of my opinions.
After all they are crap.
Pomposity at its highest.

Thanks

Steve_ wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Steve_ wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Evening and thanks for this thread Sully.
We go back a fair way on here for sure.
As a young pup in Hartridge etc I was never bullied but over the years the grief I have taken for voicing my opinion has been unbelievable on hear.
Banter great but when you get these Ageist insults and the insults regarding your mental capacity it really does get tiring.
Mates tell me just ignore the constant insults albeit from just a few characters on here but always will fight my ground verbally
Everybody knows I got a ban for having 2 Usernames albeit I never knew at the time that you couldn't.
Thought I was being a clever clogs but Jack is far more savvy with the IT business. :lol:
Since then I have always only used 1 Username at a time.
To confirm my User name is Frank Nouble 3.
I will continue to post my match reports as I thoroughly enjoy doing them after each game.
Being supporting the lads since 1954 albeit on dads shoulders.
if I think a player is not up to par I will state so and of course the opposite likewise.
think Josh has been sensational this year.
given up with MOM as it just got plain stupid, in fact it still is albeit UTP doesn't seem to care.
Appreciate its all a bit of fun so shouldn't of taken it too seriously as I did.
Anyway this is going on like Chapter 1 of War & Peace.
Lets see if we have a consensus to stop all this grief.
I doubt it will happen but hope to be proved wrong.
Anyway thanks Sully appreciated your comments.
Please call me Frank or Harps any thing else is out of order imo.

Cheers.
It’s all about individual opinions I guess, you made the incorrect assumption that I was another poster having a pop at you, far from it. I enjoy reading all the posts and contributions from everyone on here. It’s Christmas, we are flying proud at the top of the table, just enjoy the good times, we don’t get many
Good evening.
Having never ever been in dialogue with you I was totally gobsmacked when you had an unbelievable go at myself last week.
Totally unwarranted.
FGR scored and I wrote "what a shame" which resulted in abuse from yourself.
Seriously I couldn't understand why you would utter such comments.
Anyway apologies as never before hearing of you let alone having any dialogue I wrongly thought you were another target man using a different User Name.
Hopefully if I state something similar when we lose a goal I wont get further grief.
Cheers
Hi Frank,I didn’t post any abuse, I did pass comment on what I read as a sarcastic post you made and certainly didn’t have a go, no grief from me
Just to confirm it was not sarcastic.
It was as it states.
Then I got your comment which I was totally gobsmacked at.
Anyway water under the bridge.
Cheers

JonD wrote:This is weird, this.

During the FGR match, when Frank responded to the equaliser with "what a shame" I immediately thought he was being sarcastic.

When I read it back now it looks an innocent expression of disappointment.

I reckon there must be a bit of weird science going on in the human brain when your team concede an equalising goal after having missed several chances to build their lead.
Jon D

Why would anybody think that posting a comment "What a shame" was sarcastic.

I was totally gobsmacked that Jamma had equalised.
And for that innocent comment I got grief.
Truly unbelievable.
The problem is that a few on here regardless, will try and get a rise out of me regardless of my opinions.
Hopefully Sully will get a reply from the Usual suspects, all have been very subdued this evening.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:I don't recall when Corky was getting lots of grief on here that we had loads of posters offering support to him. My personal view is that Harps shouldn't reply to those baiting him - let it go - you're not going to change their minds on you and the constant sniping back and forth is just boring.

I don't think you help yourself with your polar opposite views on everything - it's all either sh1t or terrific, so players will either get a 3 or an 8 when rated by you.

I'm not a fan of Harps because I find his views so predictable and often seem knee-jerk, but I tend to skirt over most of his posts because of this. Perhaps those that are so annoyed by him should try doing the same...
Had to chuckle reading this post.
Your second paragraph.
Players will get either a 3 or an 8.
Guess what nobody got a 3 Saturday and surprise surprise nobody got an 8.
So predictable you state.
Again why be annoyed.
Clearly what you just suggested is actually not correct.
That unfortunately has always been the problem.
An easy target for a few sadly.
3 or an 8 was obviously a generalisation. I'm not sad enough to actually go through all the crap you write to log your actual scores when you insist on foisting them on us. But neither would I have been petty enough to run a MOTM poll and fail to register any votes that I felt were not made sincerely. Try and deny that.
This is where the problem lies.
I am not foisting or insisting anything here.
Its just my opinion.
You do not need to read them let alone insult me.
Again you are sorry to say clueless regarding MOTM as a few contributors set out to wreck it.
They are still doing that albeit I couldn't care less anymore.
1 poster no longer on here had at least 6 different Usernames maybe more and posted 6 votes one after another all for the same player who had been on the pitch for 5 minutes.
"Sincerely" you state well that has made me smile.
Please do not read my reports on each match and likewise do not comment either on any of my opinions.
After all they are crap.
Pomposity at its highest.

Thanks
:sleepy1:

Steve_ wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Steve_ wrote:
As a young pup in Hartridge etc I was never bullied but over the years the grief I have taken for voicing my opinion has been unbelievable on hear.
Banter great but when you get these Ageist insults and the insults regarding your mental capacity it really does get tiring.
Mates tell me just ignore the constant insults albeit from just a few characters on here but always will fight my ground verbally
Everybody knows I got a ban for having 2 Usernames albeit I never knew at the time that you couldn't.
Thought I was being a clever clogs but Jack is far more savvy with the IT business. :lol:
I will continue to post my match reports as I thoroughly enjoy doing them after each game.
if I think a player is not up to par I will state so and of course the opposite likewise.
given up with MOM as it just got plain stupid, in fact it still is albeit UTP doesn't seem to care.
Appreciate its all a bit of fun so shouldn't of taken it too seriously as I did.

Cheers.
It’s all about individual opinions I guess, you made the incorrect assumption that I was another poster having a pop at you, far from it. I enjoy reading all the posts and contributions from everyone on here. It’s Christmas, we are flying proud at the top of the table, just enjoy the good times, we don’t get many
Good evening.
Having never ever been in dialogue with you I was totally gobsmacked when you had an unbelievable go at myself last week.
Totally unwarranted.
Anyway apologies as never before hearing of you let alone having any dialogue I wrongly thought you were another target man using a different User Name.
Hopefully if I state something similar when we lose a goal I wont get further grief.
Cheers
Hi Frank,I didn’t post any abuse, I did pass comment on what I read as a sarcastic post you made and certainly didn’t have a go, no grief from me

"No wonder you piss people off"

That's what Steve posted please show me where the abuse is please

If you truly think that's abuse you really are precious

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Why would anybody think that posting a comment "What a shame" was sarcastic.
Fair question. The answer, I believe, lies in the tone of many of your posts. It's not a criticism. But when I read them your voice (in my head) is the same as Marvin the Paranoid Android's.

And "what a shame" is a phrase Marvin might use sarcastically.

That's the best I've got. But you have to admit that two people misinterpreting an innocuous remark is quite interesting.

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Steve_ wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Steve_ wrote:

Cheers.
Good evening.
Totally unwarranted.
Cheers

"No wonder you piss people off"

That's what Steve posted please show me where the abuse is please

If you truly think that's abuse you really are precious
I really truly give up on you.

Jamma scores.

I post "what a shame"

the fella reacts by stating
"No wonder you piss people off" totally unfounded

I reply

"What's that all about"

He replies

"Your pathetic Sarcastic remark"

If you think that is not abusive well just gobsmacked. :roll:

Clearly nothing Sully wrote has sunk in with you either.

JonD wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Why would anybody think that posting a comment "What a shame" was sarcastic.
Fair question. The answer, I believe, lies in the tone of many of your posts. It's not a criticism. But when I read them your voice (in my head) is the same as Marvin the Paranoid Android's.

And "what a shame" is a phrase Marvin might use sarcastically.

That's the best I've got. But you have to admit that two people misinterpreting an innocuous remark is quite interesting.
Why would myself after following the lads for some 65 years be happy that Jamma scored against us.
Its just totally nuts.
No idea who Marvin is
One thing for sure is that I am not paranoid.

Cheers for the reply anyway mate.

excessbee wrote:I tried to be helpful when I posted that 4.72 posts per day was, perhaps a tad excessive. Maybe you, by the sheer volume, get more responses and instigate negativity towards your posts. It's become a sport for some. Time for a new year's resolution perhaps?
Morning.

Being retired and with this dreadful year we are having I do enjoy passing a while away on here.
Despite the percentage you come up with if you look maybe 75% of all threads have no comment off myself, the reason being they do not interest me or if they do I cannot add anything further to the views expressed.
Virtually all my comments relate to either the latest game, my vote for MOM plus the thread I started with over 100 pages relating to Ex County players more than assisted by Reeboks superb background knowledge.
The fella is a wealth of County related knowledge.

Cheers

Maybe others see it differently and light the blue touchpaper and stand back. Whilst you may initially comment on match events, perhaps you are not aware how many of your posts are responses to responses about responses. My post didn't mention percentages. If 4.7 per day (over a long time) were reduced to a lower target, you might get less grief. I'm assuming you would welcome less grief.