Re: Beating the bookies

You have my utmost respect and what a good post. You have great strength and commitment.
You and yours can hold your head high
I am sure people don't wish to cause offence when making light of the issue
On a similar note how do you feel about scratchcards at checkouts in supermarket/convenience stores et Al?
No gamble aware signs anywhere near them.... I'm totally against them at such store locations

butlinsamber wrote:Hello, my name is Mark, I'm a compulsive gambler, I gave not had a bet since the last meeting, my last bet was 5 Sep 2017. That's what I say every week at my GA meeting, its on line at the moment because of lockdown. Now I don't have a issue with other people gambling its their decision, its not their fault I have this illness, what I do have I issue with is people making a joke about gambling and those encouraging others to gamble.
If others have a problem gambling maybe we can have a pint when we are allowed back into RP.

Thanks
Well done Mark great to hear

But be careful some on here might say your encouraging people to drink now!

You can win :roll:

UPTHEPORT wrote:
butlinsamber wrote:Hello, my name is Mark, I'm a compulsive gambler, I gave not had a bet since the last meeting, my last bet was 5 Sep 2017. That's what I say every week at my GA meeting, its on line at the moment because of lockdown. Now I don't have a issue with other people gambling its their decision, its not their fault I have this illness, what I do have I issue with is people making a joke about gambling and those encouraging others to gamble.
If others have a problem gambling maybe we can have a pint when we are allowed back into RP.

Thanks
Well done Mark great to hear

But be careful some on here might say your encouraging people to drink now!

You can win :roll:
This is very true.

The first time I bet on football it was a World Cup match. A mate suggested I start off with a fixed odds bet so I put five pounds on the England v Sweden game to finish 1-1, with Sol Campbell getting the first goal. £750.

The trouble with beginners luck is you can think you are da man.

I spent fifty or sixty quid of those winnings finding out that in fact I wasn't da man then packed in.

I've got a couple of online accounts but thank goodness it just doesn't interest me. I'd rather go for a nice walk.