It's Christmas!!!!!

Went up to 'WHAT' in Rogerstone yesterday to get a garden tool. Nothing! All gardening implements removed from the shelves, which are now full of reindeer's, Christmas lights, Santa dolls, trimmings, Christmas cards and all of the rest of that stuff.........!
Where did the summer go?!!
Meanwhile on planet earth, is it too early to wish you a mer................no, I won't do it.

Re: It's Christmas!!!!!

Good Afternoon

Indeed Christmas starts early in our house! For many years now, at Christmas time we like to display the little light up houses, you may have seen the kind of thing in garden centres and the like.
It started off on a small scale, but each year we added a few more items and now have quite a collection, the predominant brand is called “Lemax”.
It is our hobby starting around now to “build” our village, a few hours at weekends and such like.
Last year it was in our conservatory having outgrown the table top. I also recently managed to work out how to post a video of it onto YouTube, Taff would be proud of me!
Friends and family visit to view it, the kids love it! they put a bit in our donations tin which goes towards buying children in hospital gifts at Christmas.

If I’ve done it correctly the following should link to the video... apologies for the quality but should give you an idea.

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

Indeed Christmas starts early in our house! For many years now, at Christmas time we like to display the little light up houses, you may have seen the kind of thing in garden centres and the like.
It started off on a small scale, but each year we added a few more items and now have quite a collection, the predominant brand is called “Lemax”.
It is our hobby starting around now to “build” our village, a few hours at weekends and such like.
Last year it was in our conservatory having outgrown the table top. I also recently managed to work out how to post a video of it onto YouTube, Taff would be proud of me!
Friends and family visit to view it, the kids love it! they put a bit in our donations tin which goes towards buying children in hospital gifts at Christmas.

If I’ve done it correctly the following should link to the video... apologies for the quality but should give you an idea.

Phil in Northampton
Fair play Phil, that's amazing!!

Good Evening Sully!

Thanks for your appreciation!

That video was last years effort, we have nearly finished this years village, final stage is the “snow”.

Hopefully I’ll post a video of this one too, in due course. We enjoy doing it, and it’s a kind of hobby now, the planning and placement etc.

Phil in Northampton

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Evening Sully!

Thanks for your appreciation!

That video was last years effort, we have nearly finished this years village, final stage is the “snow”.

Hopefully I’ll post a video of this one too, in due course. We enjoy doing it, and it’s a kind of hobby now, the planning and placement etc.

Phil in Northampton
I look forward to seeing ot Phil! Recently divorced and a last minute move before Christmas last year affected my ability to decorate. This year at least I'll have decorations on my tree :)

5 minutes and 13 seconds of Christmas cheer. Absolutely superb. Well done. Christmas is definitely coming.

How on earth do you manage to find time for the County and other hobbies/interests as that must have taken up hundreds of man/woman hours of your time.

I particularly liked the train segment and I have one question. Was that a representation of you and Sue in the jacuzzi? It even looks cold.

Hi Mike

We each have sections we call our own, my love of trains however has to be harnessed otherwise it would just be one big model railway in the snow!
Sue’s favourite is the harbour, the fun is in the creative aspect over and above just plonking bought items on a table top.
Regarding the “jacuzzi”, which we refer to as the “hot tub” yes it does mirror our own one, the girl is definitely not as pretty as Sue but the chap is far more handsome than me!

As an aside we were delighted that in exchange for viewing the video, as we are unable to have people round to the house, our friends have kindly donated over £300 with which we buy gifts to support the local hospital’s Christmas gift appeal.

Phil in Northampton