Re: Letter to Mark Drakeford

Snowman wrote:Great move

https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... ter-wales/

Now wouldn't it be great if all the supporters of those clubs wrote their own letter to Mark Drakeford also

email
Correspondence.FM@gov.wales
or
Mark.Drakeford@senedd.wales

Welsh Government
5th Floor
Tŷ Hywel
Cardiff Bay
CF99 1NA
Indeed yes.

Dear Mark,

I love football and miss it very much. Notwithstanding I now live in Ireland I still manage, or at least managed, to get over to watch my beloved Newport County five or six times a season.

However much as I miss football I hope you don't listen to these selfish idiots who seem to believe football is more important than life. It isn't. The vaccine is coming and next year I want as many of us as is possible to be able to watch whatever sport they want.

Sincerely yours,

Brendan Halligan

I certainly don’t think Drakeford’s 2m distancing is viable for spectator sport though I know he is trying to act on advice received. It is still a bad time in Wales to even consider a return but when possible we should on that occasion adopt the English decision of 1m. Any greater distance than that will not help clubs to survive and if he insists on it, he should back his decision up with money just like support for any other business. It’s a very worrying situation and maybe a hybrid situation of limited crowds plus EFL online screening should be adopted. I know not whether that’s possible but being vulnerable myself I’ve found the online option useful and haven’t missed a game this year so at least the club has received some cash from that source.

Shameful.

Newport County football club are owned by a number of people. They are supported by many thousands.

Gavin Foxhall is of course entitled to hold whatever views he wishes with respect to supporters being allowed pre vaccine into football stadia. That he believes that without consultation he is empowered to write on behalf of Newport County is in my view a shameful act. I say this not on the basis of he holding a view contrary to mine. If he were to write on behalf of Newport County expressing the view that supporters should not be allowed to return it would be equally shameful.

As a shareholder of both the club and the Trust and as a supporter of Newport County for over half a century who the Hell does he think he is to presume to talk on my behalf?

Re: Shameful.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Newport County football club are owned by a number of people. They are supported by many thousands.

Gavin Foxhall is of course entitled to hold whatever views he wishes with respect to supporters being allowed pre vaccine into football stadia. That he believes that without consultation he is empowered to write on behalf of Newport County is in my view a shameful act. I say this not on the basis of he holding a view contrary to mine. If he were to write on behalf of Newport County expressing the view that supporters should not be allowed to return it would be equally shameful.

As a shareholder of both the club and the Trust and as a supporter of Newport County for over half a century who the Hell does he think he is to presume to talk on my behalf?
The board make political engagements with MPs, AMs, the Council, and all sorts of other bodies on issues all the time? That is the format of an elected board. We fans can't vote on everything.

landinho wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Newport County football club are owned by a number of people. They are supported by many thousands.

The board make political engagements with MPs, AMs, the Council, and all sorts of other bodies on issues all the time? That is the format of an elected board. We fans can't vote on everything.
Bollox.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
landinho wrote:

Bollox.
As you tend to say Stan, "you are wrong". Landinho is perfectly correct in his/her point.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
landinho wrote:

Bollox.
As you tend to say Stan, "you are wrong". Landinho is perfectly correct in his/her point.
I think you'll find I tend to say I think you re wrong. When I know people are wrong I say bollox. :grin:

On the news tonight expert stated Covid seriously on increase in Gwent.
Totally pointless 600 plus deaths in UK today.
Its just madness trying to open up RP for supporters.
Again on breakfast TV this morning Dr Hilary.
Vaccine will not make you immune just stops you passing away and you can still pass it on.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:On the news tonight expert stated Covid seriously on increase in Gwent.
Totally pointless 600 plus deaths in UK today.
Its just madness trying to open up RP for supporters.
Again on breakfast TV this morning Dr Hilary.
Vaccine will not make you immune just stops you passing away and you can still pass it on.
I agree that it would be madness to let spectators in to RP at the moment. Wait for the vaccine to do its job. Although it's still not know whether you could still pass the virus on after vaccination.

landinho wrote:Fully appreciate your view on Covid Stan, but Foxall is pushing for whatever outcome helps the club financially. That's certainly what I'd expect any good chairman to do. There is no safety risk from his letter, the scientists still ultimately make the final call, as they should.
It is a matter for scientists to advise and politicians to decide on. But if Gavin Foxhall wishes to express an opinion in a private capacity I have no difficulty with that. If he consulted with County fans and said X% of County fans agreed I could accept that. But you simply can't on a controversial subject express your opinion as that of the club. And as I said either way.

As for the topic. We had a bad day in Covid terms today. One person died, of the 4,000,000 of us in the Republic. In the North (Northern Ireland) where half that number 2,000,000 live 10 people died. The DUP like to ensure they follow the British way. The vaccine is coming. By Easter we'll return. Let's wait it out eh? And joking aside be they Welsh, Irish, Scottish or English I don't want to see one person die before their time just so as I can watch a game of football.

That's my view, not the view of Newport County.

RiscaRascal wrote:That letter should never have been sent. Only for for the shredder. An insult to all the bereaved families and people fighting the virus. Not to mention the NHS staff at breaking point. Turnstiles need a padlock until this pandemic is under control. It clearly isn't. Tonights Wales News was terrifying.
100% agree.

RiscaRascal wrote:That letter should never have been sent. Only for for the shredder. An insult to all the bereaved families and people fighting the virus. Not to mention the NHS staff at breaking point. Turnstiles need a padlock until this pandemic is under control. It clearly isn't. Tonights Wales News was terrifying.
I agree entirely with your sentiment. What makes it worse, if you are a shareholder in Newport County, a shareholder in the Newport County Trust or a member of the Newport County Trust that piece of bog paper on which that shite was written, was written in your name.
It is no secret that I profoundly disagree with Gavin Foxhall on any number of issues regarding the administration of Newport County. But in the scheme of things most of them matter very little and many not at all. I would though hope that Gavin has the good sense to reflect on that to which he has signed us all up to and first thing tomorrow morning publicly withdraws his support and our implied support of this crock of offensive shite.