Team for Exeter

Shhhhh.......

Good evening

Please look around you before posting to ensure privacy...

Will Exeter be several players last game for County? When does January transfer window actually start and finish?

King will possibly be in for Townsend, normally a first choice goal keeper injured would be a worry but I think we are blessed with two pretty evenly matched keepers.

Hopefully a few players will get a chance to shine if loanees are returned, Big three home games will see if our position is sustainable, two wins and a draw would be acceptable to me.

I think we are so unaccustomed to success of this magnitude we are holding our breath waiting for the ship to sink!

Come on County!

Phil in Northampton

Shhhhhh......

Re: Team for Exeter

I think this'll be quite a revealing game. As we discussed in the most recent 1912 Exiles podcast, matches against Exeter often tell us quite a lot about how each team is doing. For us, a win might suggest we've put our shaky form behind us, can adapt to playing on a poorer surface than we have recently, and can get a result without Townsend to save our bacon. If Exeter win, they might see it as an indicator that they can put a run together to challenge.

So... probably a draw then!

I also think the Exeter game is huge for us. They were unfortunate to only draw v FGR on 26/12 and are always tough opponents. We're in a bad run of form with a comfortable lead at the top of the division being chipped away at by the chasing pack.

I think I would play Podge and Janneh up front, with Ellison on the right and Twine, doing what Twine does best, given a free role in the middle and told to shoot on sight.

Not watched the Crawley highlights on Quest, that was quite a spectacular OG from Micky. We need one from him at the right end v Exeter now.

Win this game, even a scrappy 1-0 on a sticky pitch, and we can re-ignite the season and push on. We've got the best squad in years, playing some excellent football and the rest of the division are mediocre (everyone capable of beating each other).

I'm going to predict a 2-1 County win, with our winner coming in the 92nd minute.

Absolutely agree, Exeter have always been a good benchmark of our progress, even back in the 80's, although that might be down to them being amongst our 'local rivals' then. Very similar in many ways as they seem to fall away after good starts, they must be wondering how they are still in L2 and have certainly progressed their stadium development - oops, I've stayed into controversial waters so I'll leave it at that.

phil_in_npton wrote:Good Afternoon

Shhhhh....

Please keep your comments relating to the thread title. We are better than the other side so let’s keep it like that!

Dark side moderator
Right, I’ll say this quietly Phil. I just hope that whomever we have in the team tomorrow, they are capable of scoring goals.

My opinion is no more valid than anyone else’ but to be honest, I couldn’t give a monkeys **ck who scores a winning goal tomorrow as long as it happens. Off Micky D’s arse in the 94th minute after bobbing around in the 6yard box is fine by me. I won’t be happy in the 90thminute of course (I will be cursing as much as anyone else) but 5 mims later I will he happy. Oh, the utmost joys of being a County fan.

As the pitch is likely to be very Sandy and heavy after the last couple of weeks weather nature has thrown at us, I would like to see a 442 formation tonight with the midfield holding the ball up then playing wide down the flanks crossing to our centre forward`s.
Oh wait a second, we don't have a old fashioned CF (ie Geoff Astell/Hurst) type, bring on the transfer window, tonight's game will define our season.

Stay Safe everyone and enjoy what you have.

John UTC

flat4 wrote:As the pitch is likely to be very Sandy and heavy after the last couple of weeks weather nature has thrown at us, I would like to see a 442 formation tonight with the midfield holding the ball up then playing wide down the flanks crossing to our centre forward`s.
Oh wait a second, we don't have a old fashioned CF (ie Geoff Astell/Hurst) type, bring on the transfer window, tonight's game will define our season.

Stay Safe everyone and enjoy what you have.

John UTC
I think Proctor could do that CF role?

Good Morning

Thanks to everyone who joined in with the spirit of this thread. I think it has run its course now as an ironic dig at the squabbles on the main board.

It is not my intention to undermine the integrity of the main board hence why I think it is now best to leave it here.

Please support the main board and call out those who would rather have a personal argument than a lively football debate

Cheers!

Phil in Northampton