Re: Moral high ground

Shhhh.... Good Morning!

Listen... let’s talk about the football here, no one looks here much and I think we could get away with it... kind of like the dark web of NCAFC!

Today I didn’t watch or listen to the match as I had family round... hold on.. scrap that bit...

Today I was too busy to watch or listen, and was gutted to hear Ryan scored the opener.. I often have a pound on him as first goal scorer with Ladbrokes free bet....hold on.. no... forget the free bet thing.....

Hmmm.. well done County, top of the league, we are all so pleased with that...( surely that’s a safe comment?)

Anymore football related comments? Please keep them here.. amongst like minded folk fed up of the regular entrenched squabbles between a few people.

If you come here accidentally and don’t want to talk about the football please keep it quiet when you go back to the real world next door!

Phil in Northampton

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Would those in your group be allowed to 'tut tut' at others ignoring the Tier 4 rules, or those who constantly start arguments in a near-empty forum or at those who continually reduce a perfectly good discussion thread with drivel?

How can I join?
Phil in N has hi jacked my Idea for a better one... NCAFC dark Web..
All constructive county snippets here please...... Shhhh

Does it need pointing out that it takes at least two people to start an internet spat? Ah, probably not.

If we had to liken posters to County players then I think we've more than one Labadie. And predictably one of them appears to be having a spell on the sidelines.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I'll put the kettle on. Biscuits anyone?
As a veteran of the Hazell Stand, I eat nothing but Werthers Originals and Murray Mints. :lol:

Here's a genuine question to get the ball rolling: if Twine returns to Sw*ndon in January and Sheehan gets sold, can we realistically still mount a challenge?

We try and moderate with a feather touch but alas, one such thread became absolutely unhinged with a 4 page long squabble over COVID and other such tedious personal handbags.

So bad was it this time that even seldom posting members began to remark on how this forum had taken a turn for worse.

This has been a theme for the last few months unfortunately with a fair amount of healthy discussion within threads turning sour and petty, hopefully this will change for the better soon enough.

Apologies for the interruption.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
DeePeeNCAFC wrote:I'll put the kettle on. Biscuits anyone?
As a veteran of the Hazell Stand, I eat nothing but Werthers Originals and Murray Mints. :lol:

Here's a genuine question to get the ball rolling: if Twine returns to Sw*ndon in January and Sheehan gets sold, can we realistically still mount a challenge?
I think that will depend on how Mr Flynn performs in the loan market.
He seems positive enough to me so maybe we just will mount a serious challenge
I hope so

Torquay Exile wrote:Hi, I'm new to this forum. one Question. But I'm sure that I will have more as time goes on.

What's happened to some of the threads on the dark side (Football side) some are missing?

I started reading them, then unexpectedly they just disappeared.
Evening Torquay. I'm moving down to work and live in South Devon on Wednesday. We'll have to start up a Devon Supporters' Branch and head to all the games at Exeter, Plymouth (hopefully in Lge1 next season) or if we're not promoted maybe at Torquay next season as they seem to be ripping up the National League. Pre-match meal would have to be a pasty (Devon-made rather than a Cornish one) with cheesy chips (the latter being the staple diet for Welsh fans!). All the best.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Torquay Exile wrote:Hi, I'm new to this forum. one Question. But I'm sure that I will have more as time goes on.

What's happened to some of the threads on the dark side (Football side) some are missing?

I started reading them, then unexpectedly they just disappeared.
Evening Torquay. I'm moving down to work and live in South Devon on Wednesday. We'll have to start up a Devon Supporters' Branch and head to all the games at Exeter, Plymouth (hopefully in Lge1 next season) or if we're not promoted maybe at Torquay next season as they seem to be ripping up the National League. Pre-match meal would have to be a pasty (Devon-made rather than a Cornish one) with cheesy chips (the latter being the staple diet for Welsh fans!). All the best.
Hang on a minute.....this is the dark web,don't forget......To even suggest eating a Devon CORNISH PASTY is a heinous idea.......Oggies come from CORNWALL
Such talk could land you in trouble with Phil in N......Now behave yourself :mrgreen:

[quote=".[/quote]
Hang on a minute.....this is the dark web,don't forget......To even suggest eating a Devon CORNISH PASTY is a heinous idea.......Oggies come from CORNWALL
Such talk could land you in trouble with Phil in N......Now behave yourself :mrgreen:[/quote]

Ha! Point taken. I will resort to only talking about the subject matter after one final Welsh food-related question and I hope Mr Mad Norm can answer it.

Faggots.

I always assumed they were a Brummie delicacy, made and sold in the Black Country, and I first ate them in the Bull Ring market. My Dad used to bring some home from a Brummie butchers when he was working up there. But since I've been living in South Wales, everywhere I see them on sale claims they're a Welsh invention. Every pub incl. Wetherspoons sell them as a 'Welsh dish'.

Did you good Welsh people steal them from those nice Midlanders? What's the history behind faggots please?
Last edited by DeePeeNCAFC on December 29th, 2020, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.