Re: Matchday programme

pembsexile wrote:
Thanks Joe, got that. Not complaining but aren’t the club missing a trick here? Don’t you normally have to pay for services like this on top of what package you already have. I wouldn’t expect to get this free at a game.
Hi Mike,

Hope all is good and happy new year.

I think the club have got this spot on. If it's free I think a lot of people will download it and it gives a a good feeling about the club. If the club charge realistically I think the income would be minimal.

About time. Good to see the club entering the 20th century (and yes I do know we're in the 21st century now, it was a quip to illustrate how far behind technology the club generally is). My guess is that it's free during the pandemic but will probably have a charge attached when "normal service" returns. I would be happy to pay for it myself and hope that this is the beginning of the end for a printed programme and the costs involved in printing it.

Obviously any price for a digital programme should reflect that it isn't a more costly produced printed copy.

wattsville_boy wrote:About time. Good to see the club entering the 20th century (and yes I do know we're in the 21st century now, it was a quip to illustrate how far behind technology the club generally is). My guess is that it's free during the pandemic but will probably have a charge attached when "normal service" returns. I would be happy to pay for it myself and hope that this is the beginning of the end for a printed programme and the costs involved in printing it.

Obviously any price for a digital programme should reflect that it isn't a more costly produced printed copy.
It may just be an age thing on my part, but I much prefer the idea of something solid.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:About time. Good to see the club entering the 20th century (and yes I do know we're in the 21st century now, it was a quip to illustrate how far behind technology the club generally is). My guess is that it's free during the pandemic but will probably have a charge attached when "normal service" returns. I would be happy to pay for it myself and hope that this is the beginning of the end for a printed programme and the costs involved in printing it.

It may just be an age thing on my part, but I much prefer the idea of something solid.
Yes and I enjoy reminiscing when going through a pile of old programmes. It wouldn't be the same searching online to read a digital version of a 30 year old programme for example (if that was possible).

Without the cost of printing but with a similar revenue it could become a better product. If I attend a match I usually buy a programme and will read some before the match and the rest at home. I used to collect them but in recent years chuck them in the recycling instead. The only programme that I haven't chucked out is the Carl Zeiss Jega home game. I know it's worthless but just seeing it brings back such memories of a game I still can't believe County didn't win...

wattsville_boy wrote:Without the cost of printing but with a similar revenue it could become a better product. If I attend a match I usually buy a programme and will read some before the match and the rest at home. I used to collect them but in recent years chuck them in the recycling instead. The only programme that I haven't chucked out is the Carl Zeiss Jega home game. I know it's worthless but just seeing it brings back such memories of a game I still can't believe County didn't win...
IMO that's where analogue programmes win hands down. Coming across it years later invokes such great memories of big games. In years to come today's youngsters will come across the programme for the Leicester City game and say yes that was the day we beat a Premier League side in the FA Cup.