Re: John Sheridan

JonD wrote:How terrible. It's awful losing one parent but suffering a "Weird Al" must be a total heartbreaker.
Firstly many of us have lost both parents and knowing how painful that is my sympathies are of course with John Sheridan.

Perhaps though it will be a comfort that both passing so quickly after so many years together in a hopefully loving marriage, will mean that neither will have had to carry on in old age in loneliness and grief.

I hope so.

wattsville_boy wrote:Of course it's horrible that he's been dealt such a tragedy but it doesn't change my opinion of him as a person. Which is low...
Why bother to say it?

Secondly Justin Edinburgh did exactly the same thing, yet we seem to have sanctified him. Truth is most human beings are greedy and self serving. And speaking ill of the grieving or the dead is usually best avoided.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:Of course it's horrible that he's been dealt such a tragedy but it doesn't change my opinion of him as a person. Which is low...
Why bother to say it?

Secondly Justin Edinburgh did exactly the same thing, yet we seem to have sanctified him. Truth is most human beings are greedy and self serving. And speaking ill of the grieving or the dead is usually best avoided.
I'm showing consistency in my opinions expressed. If John Sheridan hadn't been an ex-Manager of County but instead a serial rapist or paedophile would you have shown any sympathy for the double loss of his parents? Life is sometimes shit as Mr Sheridan has just found out. Will it change him as a person? Not blooming likely. Will he take any solace from the fact that a couple of County fans have posted something nice on a fans forum. Probably not.

Death happens and if you are someone close to that person (or persons) you grieve for their loss. I do find it strange that a topic relating to the deaths of the parents of an ex-Manager of the club, all people none of us know personally has any relevance on the forum, or certainly little more relevance than if it were the death of a showbiz personality. Death happens. People age and then they die. It's sad for the family and friends but has no effect any of us posters on this fans forum.

I don't think it's unfair to say that I'm sorry to hear about the death of his parents but that my views about how he conducted himself whilst Manager of the club in a specific instance haven't changed my views about him as a person. I'm glad that he left and the club is better for him leaving as it happens. And I take greater joy in any victory over any team he manages because of the way he conducted himself whilst Manager of the club in a specific instance.

Shit happens. People die. We all move on.

wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Why bother to say it?

I'm showing consistency in my opinions expressed. If John Sheridan hadn't been an ex-Manager of County but instead a serial rapist or paedophile would you have shown any sympathy for the double loss of his parents? Life is sometimes shit as Mr Sheridan has just found out. Will it change him as a person? Not blooming likely. Will he take any solace from the fact that a couple of County fans have posted something nice on a fans forum. Probably not.

Death happens and if you are someone close to that person (or persons) you grieve for their loss. I do find it strange that a topic relating to the deaths of the parents of an ex-Manager of the club, all people none of us know personally has any relevance on the forum, or certainly little more relevance than if it were the death of a showbiz personality. Death happens. People age and then they die. It's sad for the family and friends but has no effect any of us posters on this fans forum.

I don't think it's unfair to say that I'm sorry to hear about the death of his parents but that my views about how he conducted himself whilst Manager of the club in a specific instance haven't changed my views about him as a person. I'm glad that he left and the club is better for him leaving as it happens. And I take greater joy in any victory over any team he manages because of the way he conducted himself whilst Manager of the club in a specific instance.

I agree with your last sentence.

However John Sheridan has just lost his parents. In a thread about this I believe if you are not able to express your condolences and if you wish in addition to have a dig at John Sheridan you do yourself few favours.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
wattsville_boy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Why bother to say it?

I agree with your last sentence.

However John Sheridan has just lost his parents. In a thread about this I believe if you are not able to express your condolences and if you wish in addition to have a dig at John Sheridan you do yourself few favours.
And your opinions do not matter to me and certainly won't change how I express myself on any matter...