Re: Exiles Grandstand: Southend home MATCH OFF FROZEN PITCH

Corpaboy wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:Does the FGR result stand at 1-1 as they’d played 60 minutes before being abandoned ???
Not unless they've changed the rules recently.
Only asking , mate !! I thought there was a 60 minute thing on a match being abandoned ???
That's ok. I was just wondering if the rule had changed, because there have been quite a number of rule changes recently.

Re: Exiles Grandstand: Southend home MATCH OFF FROZEN PITCH

owlsabout wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:Let’s not forget Dragons are due to play Ospreys at 17:15 on Saturday 9th January.
Not much time to repair the pitch for Brighton on Sunday.

What about the EFL 48 hour rule?
That’s the EFL not the FA so doesn’t apply to the cup
The agreement we signed with RPL does not distinguish between football competitions in this respect.

Re: Exiles Grandstand: Southend home

daftasfxxx wrote:
excessbee wrote:
flat4 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Game is OFF
If correct, this is becoming a joke, not surprised as Me and the wife went for a walk earlier and the amount of iced over puddle's about was alarming even the drainage gulley`s had iced over.
How can it be 'becoming a joke' and in the same sentence 'not surprised' because of the amount of ice around?
Exactly what I thought
"becoming a joke" = We as a club are still spending good money on a product that is not fit for purpose.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Re: Exiles Grandstand: Southend home

flat4 wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:
excessbee wrote:
flat4 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Game is OFF
If correct, this is becoming a joke, not surprised as Me and the wife went for a walk earlier and the amount of iced over puddle's about was alarming even the drainage gulley`s had iced over.
How can it be 'becoming a joke' and in the same sentence 'not surprised' because of the amount of ice around?
Exactly what I thought
"becoming a joke" = We as a club are still spending good money on a product that is not fit for purpose.

:roll: :roll: :roll:
Totally agree with Flat4, what’s worse is that we are trapped in a situation that is never going to improve, it will only get worse as long as the WRU remain owners.
How does their quote on purchase of “RP is a rugby ground and will always be a rugby ground” equate with the EFL requirements of not sharing with more than one rugby team?

There have been suggestions on here about trying to temporarily use the Cardiff stadium, which is possibly a good idea. However unlike Cardiff RFC, I’m certain that despite the pitch not being fit for purpose, the WRU would still be demanding its rental pound of flesh on top of any fees Cardiff City would charge.

Next season is the last under our present rental agreement, hopefully the Board are in control of the situation, and with change in mind.