Re: Midweek

excessbee wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:
Coxy wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:Another possibility is that Brighton are handed the tie by default.
On what basis ?

Tottenham were handed a tie by default earlier on this season in the Carabao Cup when Orient couldn't fulfill the tie by a certain date due to Covid so it could happen
There's an obvious difference. At that stage of the Carabao Cup, the rounds were being played almost back to back, no free weeks to play a postponed match. Also, the FA Cup has already accommodated a much delayed match. The Barrow v Wimbledon postponed first round tie wasn't played until the Thursday of the second round ties. Wimbledon won and played their second round tie three days later..
There is another obvious difference. Such is the nature of Covid I doubt Leyton Orient could be blamed for an outbreak in their camp but they were still sanctioned. The season is due to end on 8 May. 118 days post the Brighton scheduled date of January 10. Which means that County with at least 26 League games and 1 FA Cup tie will be playing once every four days.

If the Sunday game is postponed and if the overuse of Rodney Parade is deemed responsible for delays should there be further postponements then I don't rule out the possibility of a severe sanction. As I've said I don't think it likely but......

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
If the Sunday game is postponed and if the overuse of Rodney Parade is deemed responsible for delays should there be further postponements then I don't rule out the possibility of a severe sanction.......
Don't confuse a frozen pitch with overuse - that could be deemed as 'fake news'. Neither of our cancelled matches have been due to 'overuse' of the pitch. Both have been called off, by the EFL ref, because the pitch was frozen. That is the the same as many other games that should have been played, up, and down, the country.

Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
If the Sunday game is postponed and if the overuse of Rodney Parade is deemed responsible for delays should there be further postponements then I don't rule out the possibility of a severe sanction.......
Don't confuse a frozen pitch with overuse - that could be deemed as 'fake news'. Neither of our cancelled matches have been due to 'overuse' of the pitch. Both have been called off, by the EFL ref, because the pitch was frozen. That is the the same as many other games that should have been played, up, and down, the country.
The problem with Rodney Parade is drainage. This is made worse by over use.

However the EFL sanctioned Leyton Orient for a circumstance outside of Orient's control. My view is that it is possible that the FA will sanction us in a similar fashion. You are entitled to dismiss this view as rubbish. I'm not so sure.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

However the EFL sanctioned Leyton Orient for a circumstance outside of Orient's control. My view is that it is possible that the FA will sanction us in a similar fashion. You are entitled to dismiss this view as rubbish. I'm not so sure.
No Orient knew before starting the league cup the compition conditions this season

Because of the covid situation if you're team has to postponed because of it you lose the fixture the weather is a different thing

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

No Orient knew before starting the league cup the compition conditions this season

Because of the covid situation if you're team has to postponed because of it you lose the fixture the weather is a different thing
What I am saying is that there is a presidence for the football authorities to expell teams from cup competitions in circumstances out of their control. As a consequence of this I believe it possible although not likely that in certain circumstances a similar sanction might be visited upon us.

That is all I am saying. Thank you for pointing out that the weather and a viral infection are different things. It was quite unnecessary though, I was taught that in my second week at Liverpool Polytechnic 43 years ago.

Edit.

Clearly I was ill when we were all taught how to spell expel. :grin:

UPTHEPORT wrote:When if ever has a team in professional football been sanctioned for a surface

I know several cricket teams have
Jim,

The question which is relevant is. When, if ever, have a team been expelled from a major cup competition because of a postponement?

The answer which is relevant is three month ago. Do I think it likely? No. Do I think it possible? Yes.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:When if ever has a team in professional football been sanctioned for a surface

I know several cricket teams have
Jim,

The question which is relevant is. When, if ever, have a team been expelled from a major cup competition because of a postponement?

The answer which is relevant is three month ago. Do I think it likely? No. Do I think it possible? Yes.
They knew the compition regulations this season

It's tough but it was fair because thems the rules
But you haven't answered the question on being chucked out because of the current surface

You won't find one in professional football

Willthiswork wrote:Rubbish, the FA wouldn't give Brighton a bye because of a frozen pitch. It would be played at the soonest opportunity. The issue for the league cup game at Orient was totally different.
The FA are not going to want to see rearranged ties. Team testing this week if County were unable to play owing to COVID I believe that Brighton would be awarded the tie. A postponement for a waterlogged / frozen pitch throws up a different problem I think it may go to coin toss / ballot as i cannot see rearrangements working. The PL are seeing games postponed and cannot extend season owing to Euro’s if the FA create more fixture issues they run the risk of the PL abandoning the FA Cup.

County ranger wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Rubbish, the FA wouldn't give Brighton a bye because of a frozen pitch. It would be played at the soonest opportunity. The issue for the league cup game at Orient was totally different.
The FA are not going to want to see rearranged ties. Team testing this week if County were unable to play owing to COVID I believe that Brighton would be awarded the tie. A postponement for a waterlogged / frozen pitch throws up a different problem I think it may go to coin toss / ballot as i cannot see rearrangements working. The PL are seeing games postponed and cannot extend season owing to Euro’s if the FA create more fixture issues they run the risk of the PL abandoning the FA Cup.
That is an argument which I had not considered. Sadly I agree. That which I had seen as a remote possibility now seems a little less improbable. Let's hope the weather improves and we don't ever get to find out.

County ranger wrote:
Participation in a domestic Cup is a requirement from UEFA so the PL can't abandon the FA Cup even if they wanted to.