Re: Watching on Sunday

County-at-the-races wrote:I don't mind giving the club the money, but reluctant to pay £24 to BT in order to fund the PL and F1
My thoughts exactly. BT, Sky, Amazon - all parasites whose business model is predicated on herding fans towards watching Premiership sides on telly rather than getting people to go and watch their local team. We may get a few occasional crumbs from the table for games like this, but they don’t give a shiny shit about clubs in Division 4.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
County-at-the-races wrote:I don't mind giving the club the money, but reluctant to pay £24 to BT in order to fund the PL and F1
My thoughts exactly. BT, Sky, Amazon - all parasites whose business model is predicated on herding fans towards watching Premiership sides on telly rather than getting people to go and watch their local team. We may get a few occasional crumbs from the table for games like this, but they don’t give a shiny shit about clubs in Division 4.
So we shouldn't except the TV money

Kairdiff Exile wrote:If they want to give it to us, great. But personally I wouldn’t pay towards a system that is so heavily imbalanced towards the big clubs at the expense of the smaller ones. I appreciate that’s a minority view, but principles are rarely popular!
Fair enough

As much as I agree with KE's stance, as a rule I'd suck it up and pay to watch a game like this. But my principles kick back in when the price exceeds ten pounds.

On the night I will sit with the wife, phone in hand, and watch a TV show about dogs or summat instead.

JonD wrote:As much as I agree with KE's stance, as a rule I'd suck it up and pay to watch a game like this. But my principles kick back in when the price exceeds ten pounds.

On the night I will sit with the wife, phone in hand, and watch a TV show about dogs or summat instead.
Tend to agree though we might well have spent more on a match ticket. I’ll probably listen.