Re: New Signing

Fu Ming wrote:His goal scoring record doesn’t read too well, albeit with a poor Grimsby side.
So much for getting in a proven goal scorer.
Hope I’m not too pessimistic, hope he does well for us.
MF has said he's a replacement for Janneh and he's still on the lookout for a "proven" goal scorer.

George Street-Bridge wrote:Janneh would be a hell of a signing if only he could stay fit - 16 in 28 games for Torquay in the NL two seasons ago.
I think that as Craig Read and Christian Jolley showed us being prolific at National League level does not necessarily equate to being able to do so at League to level. Which is true at every level, that tiny bit faster and more skillful makes all the difference. Tiger Woods is only about 15% better a golfer than I am on a good day. And I'm a very mediocre golfer.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Janneh would be a hell of a signing if only he could stay fit - 16 in 28 games for Torquay in the NL two seasons ago.
I think that as Craig Read and Christian Jolley showed us being prolific at National League level does not necessarily equate to being able to do so at League to level. Which is true at every level, that tiny bit faster and more skillful makes all the difference. Tiger Woods is only about 15% better a golfer than I am on a good day. And I'm a very mediocre golfer.
I'm sure Tiger Woods would be flattered if he knew :bounce: