Re: Brandon cooper

If Labs is fit then Benno is the obvious choice to replace Brandon.We think of him as a DM player but,he came as a CB,he told me once that he prefers CB although that was a couple of years ago.Howkins hasn’t played for months,Longe King has only had two very brief sub appearances,both would be big gambles.Woodiwiss could play there but an academy player would also be risky,Baker did play in a three in pre season but,that was a long time ago.Has to be Scot.

Percy plunkett wrote:If Labs is fit then Benno is the obvious choice to replace Brandon.We think of him as a DM player but,he came as a CB,he told me once that he prefers CB although that was a couple of years ago.Howkins hasn’t played for months,Longe King has only had two very brief sub appearances,both would be big gambles.Woodiwiss could play there but an academy player would also be risky,Baker did play in a three in pre season but,that was a long time ago.Has to be Scot.
Not keen on Scot there to be honest, not quick or strong enough alongside Mickey and Dolan. I'd have to go with Longe-King or Baker.

Percy plunkett wrote:If Labs is fit then Benno is the obvious choice to replace Brandon.We think of him as a DM player but,he came as a CB,he told me once that he prefers CB although that was a couple of years ago.Howkins hasn’t played for months,Longe King has only had two very brief sub appearances,both would be big gambles.Woodiwiss could play there but an academy player would also be risky,Baker did play in a three in pre season but,that was a long time ago.Has to be Scot.
When I biked past the base at Spytty Sat am (could make a living as a roving reporter) ..... Labs’ and one other car was in the car park so I was hoping he was having a fitness test of some description? Another weeks rest might hopefully do him the world of good for this game ?

I would give Longe-King a chance. The video on Twitter that was posted showing all his best moments at St Albans made him seem like a ball playing defender, which is exactly what we are in need of now Brandon has left. Howkins does not come into the equation, I don't rate him at all.

Give David a go Flynny.

I find Benno makes clumsy decisions when playing at the back - his strengths are shown more when he is played as a holding midfielder.

Blackandamber wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Accepting starting with Longe-King is a gamble that will surely have to be taken at some time is it better to take it v Brighton than a league game?
Well a gamble certainly paid off against Leicester City when Dan Butler was suspended.
Yes, indeed

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
When I biked past the base at Spytty Sat am (could make a living as a roving reporter) ..... Labs’ and one other car was in the car park so I was hoping he was having a fitness test of some description? Another weeks rest might hopefully do him the world of good for this game ?
The secrecy around Labadie's absence is worrying, our local journalists have either forgotten he exists or have been told not to ask about him as they never do. When did he last play 90 minutes?

As the pitch deteriorates, he should have a huge role to play for the remainder of the season if Flynn can find somebody to replace Twine, i.e. a different type of player, to play on that pitch.

Amberexile wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote: ?
The secrecy around Labadie's absence is worrying, our local journalists have either forgotten he exists or have been told not to ask about him as they never do. When did he last play 90 minutes?.
I think in the current climate, there's every chance that one or more of our pros has been self-isolating, it's rife everywhere including the football world so I doubt whether we've escaped it, particularly when the club has 'only' 1 club house/lodgings for travelling players to use so cross-infection will be a risk.

Many clubs don't reveal the names of players with covid, presumably as it's s personal health issue and I hope County would be the same.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
The secrecy around Labadie's absence is worrying, our local journalists have either forgotten he exists or have been told not to ask about him as they never do. When did he last play 90 minutes?.
I think in the current climate, there's every chance that one or more of our pros has been self-isolating, it's rife everywhere including the football world so I doubt whether we've escaped it, particularly when the club has 'only' 1 club house/lodgings for travelling players to use so cross-infection will be a risk.

Many clubs don't reveal the names of players with covid, presumably as it's s personal health issue and I hope County would be the same.
Indeed we have been lucky on that front so far it would seem. It's a huge responsibility on not just the players but their families too.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Amberexile wrote:

A very valid point ....
Didnt Labs come off in his last appearance with an injury though ?

There's still options there. Longe-King might be the better long-term option but it could be safer to start Baker v Brighton, purely because there's a hell of a step up from playing for St Albans to playing against Premier League opponents. I'd possibly play Woodiwiss before Howkins, though I suspect Woodiwiss will end up more as a defensive midfielder as his career progresses.

Of course it's also entirely possible that Flynn will bring in a central defender to replace Cooper and even ditch Howkins as not fitting the style of play County intend to play for the rest of the season...