Re: Marine v Spurs

neilcork68 wrote:Have you seen the pictures on the BBC of the locals welcoming Spurs ?

What dont they understand about STAY INDOORS during lockdown and SOCIAL DISTANCING ???
Absolute idiots, all to see a coach driving past and the Police just letting them do it. Football doesn't need this, adds more fuel to the people asking for it to be stopped.

The BBC also seem to thing it's great, maybe they are even bigger idiots

On another topic and watching the game from outside UK , the pitch looks to be in a very respectable condition for a club with little money to spend on it . It is not a complaint on RP because we “ got what we got “ and have to be thankful we have some grass to play on tonight .
I have paid to watch both Marine and NC today , so hopefully helping both of them .
Good luck .

UPTHEPORT wrote:
neilcork68 wrote:Have you seen the pictures on the BBC of the locals welcoming Spurs ?

What dont they understand about STAY INDOORS during lockdown and SOCIAL DISTANCING ???
Most are in their gardens Corky you are allowed to stand in your garden
You saw the lined streets earlier?

Look on the Website and see the streets around the ground not the lucky few watching from their gardens

There looks like hundreds lining the streets, very few wearing masks or social distancing

That said, I know that Jamie Carragher has sponsored Marine in some way for this game but why is he allowed to watch the game??
If he can why can't anyone who has sponsored their team in some way do the same?
Match sponsors, ball sponsors, player kit sponsors, pitch side sponsor boards etc should be allowed if he isn't breaking the law, or am I wrong????

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I think this was the sort of thing to which Neil was referring.
A bloke shakes every players hand and nobody stops him and every player accepts his hand. It's no wonder we are in the mess we are.

mad norm wrote:What pisses me off also, was gonna watch us at sons tonight, but he woke up sneezing and spluttering a bit... probs a cold but he's getting a test 2 moro and I'm missing the match He's in my bubble. Ho hum
Hope it goes OK with the test. In theory just sneezing isn't a symptom but better safe ....

rgds Dave

Ugo. wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

A bloke shakes every players hand and nobody stops him and every player accepts his hand. It's no wonder we are in the mess we are.
I saw that too, the grey-haired guy? But I think he was the Marine chairman, certainly looked like the guy they interviewed on BBC.

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:

I saw that too, the grey-haired guy? But I think he was the Marine chairman, certainly looked like the guy they interviewed on BBC.
Don't care who he was, shouldn't be shaking hands with anyone