Penalties

I've googled the rule for a keeper facing a penalty below. Does lateral movement include diving to one side or the other before the ball is kicked, because his feet will not still be on the line?"

During last night's penalty shoot out the Brighton keeper dived before the ball was kicked on several occasions. On one penalty I heard Flynny shouting that his feet weren't on the line (which they weren't).

Rule 14-1-3 tells us: “The opposing goalkeeper shall stand on the goal line, between the goal posts until the ball is kicked. Lateral movement is allowed, but the goalkeeper is not permitted to come off the line by stepping or lunging forward until the ball is in play.”

Re: Penalties

Well there's 2 ways of looking at this.
1. The good penalty takers we see on TV force the keeper to commit one way or the other, and then adjust where they aim their penalty.
2. All our penalties were good ones and on target (so that's a positive) and the keeper had to make full stretch dives to save them.

So it would be serious clutching at straws trying to make out we were hard done by, when we were second best over 120 minutes

VAR would have allowed a re-take of a few where their keeper was clearly off the line. I would say of the ones saved they were generally a nice height for the keeper. King's save down low was a better save as it's harder to get to so whilst we hit the target every time we could have placed them better. However, nice to see Taylor tuck his away after a poor one against Newcastle and I really think we could do without another round or two in the cup given where we are in the league and how tight it is.

On their forum,a few said their keeper was off his line and a few should have been retaken.My view is that keepers rely on instinct and if var has them retaken then,it makes a farce of the shootout and it could go on all night if we have to check where his feet are every time.