Re: Wilfried Bony

County ranger wrote:In the current circumstances we should not be inviting non team players to training it is not the merrier it is more heightens the risk of COVID infection - this is very poor from County.
Think that's a bit harsh considering how will the Club has dealt with the virus so far I'd give them the benefit of the doubt and I would say that bony and green would have had to isolate the same as new starters in the squad

Fu Ming wrote:Didn’t do us much good with him and Ledley training with us last season.
All they did was pose for selfies with MF.
If I may say so, Mr Ming, that's a bit of a negative spin. I'm sure it must give a huge boost to the other players, especially the fringe players in the squad, to have players of Bony's or Ledley's quality at the training ground. Makes a different from the "same old, same old" of day-to-day training.

I agree that following COVID-19 protocols for such extra players is vital, but I'm sure the club are taking that very seriously.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
Fu Ming wrote:Didn’t do us much good with him and Ledley training with us last season.
All they did was pose for selfies with MF.
If I may say so, Mr Ming, that's a bit of a negative spin. I'm sure it must give a huge boost to the other players, especially the fringe players in the squad, to have players of Bony's or Ledley's quality at the training ground. Makes a different from the "same old, same old" of day-to-day training.

I agree that following COVID-19 protocols for such extra players is vital, but I'm sure the club are taking that very seriously.
Thank you for your comments.
You could well be correct that it might lift the guys and is a change to the regular training by having a quality player in the training camp.
But as I remember it last season both him and Ledley ended up being a distraction, and we did taper off towards the end of the curtailed season.
I don’t mean to be too negative but it’s just the way I see it.
Hope I’m proved wrong and our strikers bag a hat full of goals against Salford on Saturday.

I imagine they were only a distraction to the folk on this message board, from the will we/won't we sign them point of view.

While there was an outside chance of Ledley signing, until the chance of playing in Oz for his mate came up, we were never going to sign Bony.

Exile 1976 wrote:Doesn't matter, all EFL football will be suspended after next week anyway
Let's hope we're promoted on points per game then if that happens. I couldn't find anything anywhere as to whether there was a point in time when the season gets cancelled versus when it is decided on ppg.