Re: Euston Square

mad norm wrote:What are your thoughts on those in the tunnels?
Bizarrely now and in the future trains ain't gonna be as busy!
Good on them for actually getting off their arses and taking direct action, rather than huffing and puffing on social media.

It will be built, but not the expensive, express that was envisaged - the local development plans for new towns are dotted along the entire route - it will be delivered as a newer version of the West Coast mainline, stopping everywhere, with some freight services as well.

I live along the route in the Chilterns and the amount of wealthy Nimby's is obscene.
They aren't bothered about the environment as much as the impact on the value of their rural houses. These are the same people that use the Chiltern line to commute into London to earn a fortune, on a route that literally goes through the back gardens of north west London......

Sound reply that
Can't agree with the danger they are putting themselves in underground.
Smaller scenario near me with polytunnels and fruit farm. Some strange suggestions from the "antis" as to the impact of a few more tunnels on our lives. This particular fruit farm has been here for ten years and hedgerows, trees screening in abundance, community paths opened up and recently have restored dry stone walling to some field boundaries. Much to the disappointment of the lady delivering the "not on my doorstep letter" I explained I was very much pro the farm

mad norm wrote:Sound reply that
Can't agree with the danger they are putting themselves in underground.
Smaller scenario near me with polytunnels and fruit farm. Some strange suggestions from the "antis" as to the impact of a few more tunnels on our lives. This particular fruit farm has been here for ten years and hedgerows, trees screening in abundance, community paths opened up and recently have restored dry stone walling to some field boundaries. Much to the disappointment of the lady delivering the "not on my doorstep letter" I explained I was very much pro the farm
Ironic isn't it?

The same Nimbys here object to new housing in the villages around Aylesbury, which would have more credibility if they themselves didn't live in gated developments built in orchards and meadows within the last 20 years!

And the south coast Nimbys who object to wind turbine farms off the Sussex coast, because it spoils their views of the seaside!